WMDs -- again.

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 10:53 pm
I think George Bush has finally gone around the bend. He must be fast approaching complete insanity. We learn today that that $87 billion he wants includes $600 million to hunt for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/02/politics/02WEAP.html?hp

Haven't we spent enough time and money on this goosechase, and isn't it time for Bush to face reality?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 842 • Replies: 13
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 10:59 pm
Kind of dumb if they're not there - a bargain if they are, and I don't pretend to know.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 11:25 pm
He was already round the bend. You just get to see more of it each day. Somehow I get the feeling they'll find them no matter what.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 12:31 am
46.3 million americans live without heath care insurance. That's 1/7 of the population. I think this money could be better spent, eh!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 12:32 am
Americans need to put food on their tables instead of paying to find weapons that aren't there. Where does he think this money comes from?
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 01:44 am
WMDs - again
Bush has made this such an issue until it becomes part of his political persona. If he wants to have a chance in 2004 he will have to put up or shut up, and I don't think he is about to shut up. So I predict that before the election something will be found -- and it will be found right where it was planted. But does that cost $600 million? Well, maybe so, if the perpetrators have to be paid off.

Don't I have an evil mind? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 02:14 am
Re: WMDs - again
shoesharper wrote:
Bush has made this such an issue until it becomes part of his political persona. If he wants to have a chance in 2004 he will have to put up or shut up, and I don't think he is about to shut up. So I predict that before the election something will be found -- and it will be found right where it was planted. But does that cost $600 million? Well, maybe so, if the perpetrators have to be paid off.

Don't I have an evil mind? Rolling Eyes

Sounds like you're on the same wavelength as the rest of us.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 02:35 am
WMDs - again
If and when this phony evidence is found, how will Americans react? In the early stages of the war Bush's stock was running high and such a find would have been greeted with huzzahs all around. But by now increasing numbers of people -- even Republicans -- have become disenchanted and will recognize phoniness when they see it. The question is: Will enough people see through the scam to make a difference in the election?

The next year is going to be interesting! Surprised
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 03:42 am
There'll be a terrorist attack in the US leading up to the election!!!!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 09:06 am
Pretty cynical aren't we. IMO there are no WMD's to be found. However, there is no chance that Bush will have them planted, since even if he chose to there would be no way with all those people crawling about to prevent a leak. As for the contention or should I say veiled inference that the Bush administration would in some way support another 9/11 type attack just to get elected I place that in the box with all the other conspiracy theories.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 09:09 am
I agree that the man is insane.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 09:10 am
Crazy like a fox
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 12:31 pm
WMD's again
Well, whether he's insane or just plain stupid, he is decidedly dangerous.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 04:44 pm
No question about that!
0 Replies