hiting manger rescheduled the interview. What does that mean?

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:28 am
Ok, so I applied at McDonald's yesterday and the hiring manager said to come to the interview at 1:30 today. However, at 9AM, she called to reschedule it at 4PM on Monday. What does that mean? Does it mean she needs more time to look at my application? I did list Wally World by the way and I can't lie on reason I left and who my supervisor was. What would be the outcome if she calls Wally World for employment verification?

roger

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:30 am
@dirrtydozen22,
If you weren't being considered, you wouldn't have an interview. Most likely, something came up, like a dentist appointment or a change in her schedule. You're overthinking the whole thing.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:33 am
I was wondering what a hiting manger was when I read the headline, and did it have a babe wrapped in swaddling clothes in it? Who'd have guessed it was a hiring manager?
djjd62

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:33 am
could be any number of reasons, personal problems, some unforeseen problem at work, don't sweat it, if they check on you they do, wait until monday at 4 and see what happens
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:34 am
and as far as managers go, i'd agree with Roger.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:34 am
and djjd
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 12:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
I sure as hell woulda guessed it's hiring manager lol. btw, I was typing the headline 110 wpm w/o looking at the keyboard so that's y there was the typo.
roger

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 01:22 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Sure looked like you were going to whack the manger for rescheduling. Glad to hear otherwise; that is usually considered a bad career move.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 01:50 pm
@roger,
lol the most I ever did was yell at a coworker. I never yelled at a manager, much less hit one.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 02:34 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Most likely the interviewer was unavailable at the initial time - either something came up last minute that was pressing or else whoever set up the interview didn't get the right available times. This isn't that uncommon.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 03:04 pm
Good luck, hope you get the gig.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 03:34 pm
Darn, I was hoping the headline meant that you had reapplied at Walmart and your old manager had scheduled an interview.

Oh well...good luck with your Micky D interview.
0 Replies