Help with thesis

Raelynn

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:41 pm
I need to do a essay to evaluate some part of my life. How would I start it. I am only 15 years old. I just go to school and back home. any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 786 • Replies: 9
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:44 pm
Hey, that's not a bad place to start. How does it feel that your life is just going to school and back home? Write about what you know, and you can't go wrong. I would guess you have feelings about just going to school and back home. Write about that. Post some stuff here as you work on it too. I'm sure many here will help you out.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:47 pm
Raelynn- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Ok, you say that all you do is go to school and come home. How about your relationship with your parents? Do you have brothers and sisters? What do you do with them? How do you perceive your time at school? What do you want to get out of your school experience? How about friends at school, and your relationships with them? What subjects do you enjoy? What would you like to accomplish in your future? Have you set any goals for yourself? Do you have any hobbies? What do you like to do in your spare time?

See! There is lots and lots that you can write about your life. Good Luck, and let us know how you do!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:53 pm
Or - you could focus on whatever wonderful streams of thought are going on all the time as you go about your seemingly pedestrian life. I find it fascinating when I become aware of this constant often bizarre and anarchic commentary that babbles along, wending its odd, unpredictable way from association to association, while I look reasonably sane outwardly.

You will have one, too - like - what were you thinking about in the shower this morning - while travelling to school - on the loo? Some of it might need censoring, of course....if you were to decide to use this idea!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:57 pm
dlowan makes many good points, as does Phoenix. IMO, 'Ghost World' (one of my favorite movies) is a fantastic portrayal of just that sort of thing. Rent it, it's very cool, and quite inspiring.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 05:28 pm
Hi Raelynn and welcome. Other possibilities--summer vacations. Holidays. What you do when you get home from school. Pets?

Good luck with this, and please let us know how it's going.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 05:31 pm
You guys sound like a writers brainstorm for the Seinfeld show.
"So, what did you have for lunch?"
Tuna
"Thats a show!"
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 07:21 pm
What about all those things you walk by as you go from school to home? That's a part of your life too. I don't know where you live, but you could write an essay that comments on urban, suburban or rual environments, lifestyles, and values and what changes in the scenery you've witnessed in your lifetime as you traveled back and forth from home to school. Maybe the scenery hasn't changed at all, but your perceptions of it have changed as you matured. That's a great topic for exploration too.
0 Replies

Raelynn

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 10:25 am
Hi, thanks for all of your answers, I thought about how I love music and singing.. So here goes, for my first sentence:

The most important aspect in my life is music. I find that listening to music is a way of escape for me.

Is this a good thesis statement? If I can get past that, I know won't have troulbe with the rest. I have been to several web pages, this has totally screw me up, that is why I am here.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 10:32 am
farmerman, not much good writing on TV these days, should we all change careers?

Raelynn, we can gussy up the impact with your opening statement a bit. How about "Music isn't just important to me, it is my inspiration, and my secret world." Just thinking....
0 Replies