parental rights

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2009 06:32 pm
My ex-husband has so poisoined my son against me that now he won't see me without having to involve the sheriff to inforce the court order. I have been fighting legally for my son for atleast 11 years now. I have always provided well for him. He is 15 and refuses to see me or my family. My ex- husband has made it so difficult for me I just want to relinguish my rights. My ex has always viewed me and my family as a money sign. How can I begin the process of termination of rights and support in Texas. This is the hardest decision of my life but tired of being kicked around and dishonored by my own son.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 990 • Replies: 6
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2009 08:01 pm
@nina martin,
Hello Nina,

I can understand your frustration and your hurt, but relinquishing your rights
is quite extreme. Why not leave your son alone until he decides to come to
you. There will come a time when he realizes that his father has tried to brainwash him, and he will seek you out and would want to rekindle the relationship with you. You are his mother no matter what. Just keep the door and communication open, your son might need you one day.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2009 10:43 pm
@nina martin,
nina martin wrote:

My ex-husband has so poisoined my son against me that now he won't see me without having to involve the sheriff to inforce the court order. I have been fighting legally for my son for atleast 11 years now. I have always provided well for him. He is 15 and refuses to see me or my family. My ex- husband has made it so difficult for me I just want to relinguish my rights. My ex has always viewed me and my family as a money sign. How can I begin the process of termination of rights and support in Texas. This is the hardest decision of my life but tired of being kicked around and dishonored by my own son.

The way to begin the process is to hire a Texas lawyer
who specializes in that, but your son is so close to adulthood
that it hardly seems worth the effort

David
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2009 07:20 pm
at 15, the judge will ask him if he wants to see you. no ne can force this visitation, now. Beside, 15 year old boys don't want to be around their moms, ananyway.

Why don't you step back, let him know you love him and want to see him, and then live your life? He will approach you when HE wants to.

Time is the great revealer. He will sort out the truth someday and have some kind of relationship with you, based on that.

vikorr

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 03:35 pm
@sullyfish6,
At 15 most kids are able to judge the behaviour of other people, their parents included. They may have a soft spot, or a blind side for one parent - they may even trustingly believe one parent over the other...but they can still judge behaviour as they see it.

...in other words, if you husband is feeding your son lie upon lie about you, and those lies don't match up with your behaviour, then eventually he will start questioning his fathers motives. However, if your behaviour matches up to his fathers lies...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 03:56 pm
@nina martin,
If u, in effect, divorce & disown your son,
that might constitute a residual stigma on your relationship with him
possibly lasting well into his adulthood; perhaps permanent emotional scars for both of u.
djjd62

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 03:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
umm, dave, there's a y and an o in the word you
0 Replies