Wilson's Nails, just in time for Easter.

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2009 06:25 pm
Wilson runs a nail factory and has developed a "super-nail" that works better than any other nail ever made. He decides he needs to promote this new product. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.

"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."

A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson Nails, they'll hold anything."

Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. I'll give you a second chance, but no more Romans nailing Jesus to the cross!"

Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus hanging on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson Nails, they'll hold anything'.

Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Listen, I'll give you a last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."

A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A thin, naked man with long hair and a beard, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill behind him, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson Nails!'
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,606 • Replies: 0
No top replies