A question for the crowd.

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 09:37 am
A 1995 Jeep Cherokee . . . bottom of the line, a four cylinder, two-wheel drive . . . 167,000+ miles an' goin' strong . . . why, she likes nothin' better than to get on the 401 in Ontario, where everyone speeds (the only question being to what degree) and do 80 mph from Windsor to t.o. . . .

Paid for it outright, with cash . . . best vehicle i've ever owned . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 10:30 am
'91 Volvo station wagon, white, turbo, 125,000 miles, dognuzzled windows, column ajar on right side after seat belt yanked in passionate anger at wolves in rabid feral corgi's momentary lapse of behavior; purchased used before I moved from LA (lah...), still love it. I did have problems with its computer routines a couple of years ago; these led to various exciting breakdowns at major intersections in San Francisco and Los Angeles which I found unnecessarily character-building. With the car brain now fixed, I center my displeasure on the haphazard onagainoffagain closure of the sunroof.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 10:42 am
1984 BMW 325e with 125,000 miles. Runs great, faster than it was new, just got new shoes 'cuz it burned all the rubber off the old. Looks kinda like this:

BMW E30 Image
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 10:43 am
Man that came out huge. Sorry.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 10:46 am
2001 Honda Accord 6 cylander- White. My husband has a matching one in gold.

0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 10:51 am
cjhsa,

When you get huge images like that it's better to link to the image.

Just use the same image url but put it into the URL box instead.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 11:17 am
Done. It wasn't that big until I put in in an IMG box. Almost like it blew it up.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 11:19 am
We have three vehicles, but we only drive two regularly...the 1953 Chevy pickup (aka "The Bumblebee"...bright yellow with black running boards & fenders) stays in the garage, a tribute to the first vehicle my husband ever owned.

He usually drives his tan 2003 Honda Pilot SUV. Great for road trips, scout campouts & hauling computer demo equipment...all regular events.

I usually drive my dark green 1996 Lexus ES300. I've only had it for a month, but so far I really like it. It's a great second car for us.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 11:28 am
cjhsa -- the car is cool, I've always wanted a Beamer, but the driveway.... ahhh, I lust for that driveway paving.

I'm sure I've said this before on a2k. I have two cars. One is a black '97 Volvo 850, which I love loads, mostly because it has a spoiler which makes me look racy, I think. The other is a white '94 Ford Explorer 4x4 which I still love and can't bear to give up because we had a limo-sunroof installed with a lifetime warranty. You couldn't get that year with a factory sunroof, so it is probably one of the few '94 Explorers in the country with one. Don't you think that's a good enough reason to keep it, even though I don't really need it?

Mr.P drives a company truck, which he claims is the best kind of vehicle to have. I think it's a '99 Ford F200, but I've never paid much attention other than that it is white and huge. He also is the proud owner of Big Ugly, an '80 Chevy Truck that used to be a carryall for a seiner boat's nets & tackle. He had it rehabilitated but stopped before fixing anything exterior. (He likes humble stuff.) It is truly hideous and is used for garbage, sand, manure, etc. It is an absolute bear to drive.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 11:34 am
cjhsa wrote:
Done. It wasn't that big until I put in in an IMG box. Almost like it blew it up.

This is probably because you use IE6 and IE6 shrinks images (when you are viewing JUST the image and not a page) to fit the browser.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 02:48 pm
a dirty white one!

Toyota!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:28 pm
littlek wrote:
I have the most common car on the streets of Cambridge, MA: A Honda Civic (97, bought used). It's even silver. I have to look for the license plate to pick it out in a crowded parking lot. I recently put my coffee mug atop of another's silver honda civic by accident because I didn't check the license plate.

Montana - cool tractor. That's your son, eh?

Yup, that be the boy :-)

Cav
:-D
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:51 pm
Remember Honda's old slogan "We make it simple"? Well, not only do they have relatively few options, they have few key combinations as well. A friend related a story where someone had come to visit them and borrowed their car for the day. The visitor went to the parking garage and found the first silver Honda whatever and took it for the day. Only later did they realize it was the wrong car. The person drove it all over town.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 06:05 pm
hehehehehehehe

i just moved up from an '89 civic hatch to a '99 civic hatch. silver, this time. Algernon.

Sunday afternoon, after dog school - I couldn't figure out why Cleo wasn't coming to the car - well, d'oh - i'd gone to the wrong silver civic hatch - couldn't get the back lid open with my key. Slunk off - we were 3 cars over. Cleo got into that car. She was right. I was wrong. Embarrassed
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 06:12 pm
'88 Ranger. Still a good work truck. 150,000 miles.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 06:13 pm
to quote the Moody Blues...

"thinking is the best way to travel"

so, when I'm not thinking, I drive a silver Ford Focus, 2001....

I found someone's coffee cup on my car....

:-)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 07:41 pm
'00 Dodge Neon.

Gets me from point A to point B @ 31 mpg.

s'about all it's good for, though.
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 03:47 am
Mileage pikers.

1996 VW Passat TDI (diesel) 231,000 (use 5-30w synthetic oil - change every 7 - 10,000 miles)

1989 Dodge Caravan 236,000 (Original motor & transmission. No overhaul)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 08:24 am
the '89 civic had 274,000+ on it when I traded him in in April. I loved Egbert, but he was starting to be unreliable - the next repair was going to be a BIG one. <sigh> I miss my Egbert.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 09:12 am
WOW... that's a LOT of miles!!!.... I doubt this Ford Focus will ever last that many miles!!!....

you know the acronym for "Ford"??....

Fix Or Repair Daily

:-)
0 Replies