My neighbors are weird....

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 11:59 pm
So these people have lived diagonally across the street from me for 8 or so years, it's a husband and wife and two kids...

They have NEVER put out any sort of garbage or recycling once! Literally nothing ever, I am trying to think of any rational reason why this is and have came up with nothing! Any ideas??? It's really weird, they do other weird stuff to, they are just not normal. Does anyone have an idea what they are doing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,330 • Replies: 9
No top replies

aidan

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 12:46 am
@BarbieQPickle,
Maybe they take it to the dump/recycling center themselves. The dump is my favorite place. To date, at the dump I go to I've found: two beautiful cabinets- one sort of asian looking that I painted cream, nice size with two large storage shelves inside, and one with a glass front that was this scarred and ugly wood finish that I painted glossy black.
I found a beautiful desk with real wood inlay.
I found a side table.
I found a mirror, coat hanging thing - that again the only thing wrong with was the finish.

So I take my own trash to the dump because I like to check out what people are throwing away. I do it every week - did it yesterday in fact. The dump guy Mike, knows what I like-puts stuff aside for me, I check it out and if the camera's not on - he nods at it and I take it. If it is on, he shakes his head and I know to come back later.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 01:36 am
@BarbieQPickle,
Probably got one of those little home trash compactors to keep the house from filling up too soon.

Cameras at a garbage dump, huh Aiden? They won't let us pick through it, either. There's something wrong with their thinking.
contrex

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 03:30 am
@roger,
Where I live (Bristol, UK) the guys who work at the dump sometimes pick out stuff that looks good and keep it in an area outside their cabin door. You can buy an item for a small sum, no guarantee that things like TVs etc work, and the money goes to a local childrens charity.
Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:09 am
@contrex,
thats a wonderful idea!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:09 am
@BarbieQPickle,
Maybe they are pack rats and like to keep everything. Does their house smell? Are there lots of vermin around?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 12:27 pm
Why don't you ask them what they do with their trash?
Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 12:36 pm
@chai2,
That would be too easy.
chai2

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 12:54 pm
@Linkat,
Well, yeah, it would be for the normal person, but not the way I'd do it.

I'd invite them over to a barbeque and get them good and liquoured up first.

Then, I'd start a big fight with them and when they got to the point where they were calling me a bitch, I'd come out with "AND WHAT THE **** DO YOU PEOPLE DO WITH YOUR GARBAGE? "

Actually, I'd dress up like one of those gorilla welfare people and sneak over at night, checking out their basement windows, using a metal dectector, and my cousins iggys bloodhound, jackson.

oh, I'd get to the bottom of it all right.
Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 01:42 pm
@chai2,
Damn you! I'm reading this as I am on the phone and I burst out laughing. Not very professonial of me.
0 Replies