Im 13 and weight 148-154 lbs how can i loose weight? FAST!!!

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 07:15 pm
hey guys i am 13 and i weight 148-154 lbs my weight has been growing bigger and bigger i am feeling fatter and fatter i dont know what to do about it i just started a new plan. i have been doing wii fit. is that a good exersize routine? i have been eating healthy and excersizeing. i started this on Tuseday ( March 31 09) btu i weighted 148 and this morning i woke up and i weight 151 and i just weighted myself and now i weight 153! is this normal to gain weight befor you loose any? Help!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,220 • Replies: 5
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 07:29 pm
@Fairy Beary,
At 13, exercise is your best bet. I think it is normal to gain or hold steady if you're exercising a lot where you haven't been before because you will gain muscle first. How do you feel? Do you have more energy? How are your clothes fitting?

Wii fit, btw, isn't enough for you. You need to get on your bike and go for a ride several times a week. Walk around the mall. Play volleyball or tennis or some other sport that will be fun and not feel like work. I would stop looking at the scale immediately and aim for feeling/looking better rather than a number on the scale.
jespah

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 04:09 am
@FreeDuck,
I'm with Free Duck.

One thing (oh and welcome to A2K, BTW) - get a tape measure. Measure your bust, waist and hips at a minimum and write 'em down, with the date. If you have Excel or something like that, you can keep records and even graph them if you like. Measure once per week. Also weigh once per week and not more frequently as you'll make yourself insane. Just pick a day and general time. For me, it's Monday mornings when I get up. You'll save your sanity this way, plus you'll see progress unrelated to the scale. Exercise is great but it does not always show up on the scale. So you need another way to see that you're doing well.

Healthy eating -- great! But what, exactly? We have a topic on here called Everything Eaten Yesterday. I post on it and so do a bunch of other folks. We're very supportive and no one will judge what you've been eating. And you'll be able to (a) keep track of what you're putting in your mouth and (b) see what people who are trying to lose or maintain are doing.

Back to exercise for a moment -- a little strength training is good, too, as resting muscle burns more calories than resting fat. You need not lift a ton but you might want to do a little lifting. If you don't have weights you can grab soup cans. I have been lifting for a year and 3 months and my triceps still need work but I have rather nice biceps if I do say so myself. And I'm a lil older than you. Smile

Like I said, welcome. A lot of us are fighting this battle. It's a lot easier if we fight it together.
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 07:36 am
@jespah,
Good points, jes.

I just thought about your school -- do they have any intramural sports activities you could get involved in? Exercise can be more fun when done with other people. What about phys ed.? Maybe you go to class but don't normally participate much? You could start pushing yourself there.

Like jes said, a lot of us are fighting this battle. If you can get a handle on it at this young age you'll have an easier time of it as an adult, I think.
0 Replies

Fairy Beary

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 04:34 pm
thanks guys! and yes i have lost some weight i will start weighing myself on wensday morning! i have been eating salads and what my parents put on the table but in smalleramounts and pickling out the healthyer stuff to i drink lots of water! i do everything on the wii fit everyday and keep it on as much as i can do i am in PE so i run and play hard!
jespah

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 08:45 am
@Fairy Beary,
Good for you!
0 Replies