H2O MAN

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 10:10 am

The Obama administration lies once again, but this time he gets caught.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/040209_mexicanguns.jpg

The Myth of 90 Percent: Only a Small Fraction of Guns in Mexico Come From U.S.

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 03:04 am
@H2O MAN,
Who cares?
McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 06:57 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Who cares?

People that aren't Obama sycophants.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 07:03 am
@McGentrix,
Oh, you mean Republicans
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 07:25 am
@H2O MAN,
wow, it's a good thing he didn't take this information to the united nations and the american people and then start a war that bankrupted the nation, all because of a lie

but really, only an idiot would do something like.....oh....uh....yeah, forgot about the other guy sorry
McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 07:28 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

wow, it's a good thing he didn't take this information to the united nations and the american people and then start a war that bankrupted the nation, all because of a lie

but really, only an idiot would do something like.....oh....uh....yeah, forgot about the other guy sorry

That's really stupid.

I am embarrassed for you, really.
djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 07:29 am
@McGentrix,
please don't be anything for me

everything you are for me diminishes my worth
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 07:31 am
@H2O MAN,
Interesting. The article doesn't say that Obama said what you claim he said.

You're not very interested in facts, are you, waterboy?
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 07:49 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Neither did Bush. Bush said, to paraphrase, "It is highly probable that Iraq has merely taken its WMD development programs further underground, rather than dismantling them as required, and WMD in Saddam Hussein's hands would be too dangerous to permit," which was Bush's actual opinion, the opinion of many, and perfectly reasonable based on what was then known. This is not a lie.
djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 07:54 am
@Brandon9000,
pretty far underground, they've not found them yet

let's face it, the yellow cake uranium, the magic show at the un, let's not call them lies, let's call them deceptions, pretty costly deceptions
McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 08:05 am
Deflecting the story to Bush? Is that all you guys can do when faced with the dilemma that the Obama administration is now doing the same things that made you so mad at the Bush administration?

Can't quite stop licking his boots long enough to have it really upset you, eh?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 08:10 am
well, frankly i'd like to see some kind of gun control in america, so the outcome of this works for me, if i'd thought the outcome of the iraq situation had been worth the cost and effort i'd have no problem with it, disinformation is not a strange concept when dealing with politics

i'm an equal opportunity hater, i don't actively support any party
McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 08:26 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

well, frankly i'd like to see some kind of gun control in america, so the outcome of this works for me, if i'd thought the outcome of the iraq situation had been worth the cost and effort i'd have no problem with it, disinformation is not a strange concept when dealing with politics

i'm an equal opportunity hater, i don't actively support any party

What sort of gun control? The kind where only the criminals can get guns? The kind that places guns out of the hands of the responsible gun owners that follow the rules and regulations already set in place?

Do you really think that gun regulation effects criminals? It certainly hasn't proven so in the past.
djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 08:32 am
@McGentrix,
i just don't get the gun fetish that predominates american society, i have no problem with hunting, but i don't see what purpose it serves for the average citizen to walk around armed, that's why we have police if i'm not mistaken
McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 08:49 am
@djjd62,
I don't get the piercing fetish either, but I have no problem with people getting themselves pierced. I have no desire to outlaw it or ban it.

The average citizen does not walk around armed. The average citizen does, however, have the right to purchase certain guns without fear of government intervention and that right should be as certain as the other rights guaranteed by the constitution.

Personally, I have no assault rifles. But the main reason is merely financial. I can not justify to my wife why I would need an AR-15 and "looking cool" just doesn't cut the mustard with her. She allowed my purchase of hunting weapons and I do have one rifle that I purchased that is not a hunting rifle but one that I wanted. It was a good deal as well.

However, I know people that can afford to purchase, and have done so, assault rifles for no other purpose then to have one. We cut down a tree with it just to see if we could. Juvenile? Certainly. Fun? You bet. Well worth our time and money and guaranteed by the constitution.
djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 08:54 am
@McGentrix,
well the least you could do is keep the guns in your country, they've also been making there way north, and frankly i'm a little upset about that

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 09:00 am
@djjd62,
Blame your own government for not allowing guns to be sold there. If people did not want them, they would not be buying/stealing them. If it's criminals getting the guns, well, no amount of regulation is going to help that.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 09:04 am
@old europe,

You have not been paying attention to the facts europoof.

The anointed one got it wrong and the Obamabots can't admit it.
djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 09:07 am
@McGentrix,
it's criminals, people can get guns here

the biker gangs in eastern ontario and quebec seem to control the gun trade in my part of the country, when caches of guns are discovered by the police, they are almost always traced to the us and quite often to virginia as the point of original sale

parados

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 09:10 am
@H2O MAN,
Could you quote the article where it specifically states Obama said it?
0 Replies