H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 09:12 am
@djjd62,

Tax cheats and illegal guns... must be a Liberal thing.
djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 09:18 am
@H2O MAN,
i don't know if the bikers vote any particular way
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 09:45 am
@djjd62,

It doesn't matter hoe they vote, what matters is that PrezBO lied to the
American people in an effort to push more gun control legislation through.

How may issues has he lied about since taking office that we don't know about?
How many of these lies helped force new laws and legislation through?
How can anyone trust the Obama administration?
djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:46 am
@H2O MAN,
of course you can't trust him, he's a politician, only an idiot trusts a politician
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:46 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

I don't get the piercing fetish either, but I have no problem with people getting themselves pierced. I have no desire to outlaw it or ban it.

I have yet to see an innocent party get injured by someone having a piercing. The statistics speak for themselves on people getting injured, or worse, by someone having a gun.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:50 am
@H2O MAN,
There are good lies and there are bad lies. If this is, in fact, a lie. It is a good lie. Sometimes, the end has to justify the means.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:56 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

I don't get the piercing fetish either, but I have no problem with people getting themselves pierced. I have no desire to outlaw it or ban it.

I have yet to see an innocent party get injured by someone having a piercing. The statistics speak for themselves on people getting injured, or worse, by someone having a gun.

What are the statistics for innocent people being injured, or worse, with a motor vehicle? It would seem that motor vehicles cause many, many more injuries then fire arms, yet, no call for them to be banned.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 11:19 am
@McGentrix,
May I remind y0u that automobiles were invented for the purpose of transporting people and things from point A to point B.

Firearms were invented for the purpose of transporting people from the Living to the Dead.

Rolling Eyes

Funny how the gun nuts always resort to the cars kill people too argument.
djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 11:20 am
@McGentrix,
never owned a car, probably never will
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 11:54 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

May I remind y0u that automobiles were invented for the purpose of transporting people and things from point A to point B.

Firearms were invented for the purpose of transporting people from the Living to the Dead.

Rolling Eyes

Funny how the gun nuts always resort to the cars kill people too argument.

You brought up statistics to show that guns are dangerous. I used statistics to show how stupid it is to use statistics.

A car is a tool, a gun is a tool (I am suspecting you may be a tool as well, but that remains to be seen.). Depending on how you use the tool, it performs as expected.

I am hardly a gun nut, merely a gun user that prefers that our rights not be revoked based on lies like the OP to this thread.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 12:16 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

I am hardly a gun nut, merely a gun user that prefers that our rights not be revoked based on lies like the OP to this thread.

What do you use your gun for?

Oh, and don't forget. A licence is necessary to own an automobile and a licence is also necessary to operate it.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 01:47 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Oh, and don't forget.
A licence is necessary to own an automobile and a licence is also necessary to operate it.

Owning and operating motorized vehicles and fire arms:

Both require common sense, something the dumbmasses desperately need.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 01:49 pm
@H2O MAN,
Yes, I agree. You do.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 01:51 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

There are good lies and there are bad lies.

I disagree.
There's good and then there's bad.
There is right and then there's wrong.
PrezBO was wrong.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 01:53 pm
@Intrepid,

Funny, only one who is without common sense would make the statement Intrepid just did.

The facts you are missing:
PrezBO lied.
PrezBO is wrong.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 03:58 pm
@H2O MAN,
It is your perogative to disagree, Waterboy.

Your immaturity is a testament to your whining at every little thing that you do not agree with.
parados

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 04:07 pm
@H2O MAN,
The funny thing about the article is that if we look at what was said by those vs what the author's say we end up with some weird statistics.

Feinstein stated that...
Quote:
It is unacceptable to have 90 percent of the guns that are picked up in Mexico and used to shoot judges, police officers and mayors ... come from the United States

If that statement is being used then the authors are claiming that 100% of the crime in Mexico where a gun is found is after the shooting of judges, police officers and mayors.

The authors have produced a statement that is more ridiculous than what Feinstein said.

Clinton appears to have never said anything about "90% of guns."
Quote:
"The guns that are sold in the United States, which are illegal in Mexico, get smuggled and shipped across our border and arm these terrible drug-dealing criminals so that they can outgun these poor police officers along the border and elsewhere in Mexico," she said.

"So we've got to help out here. We can't stand by and say, Well, you know, you guys just do the best you can, when we, unfortunately, are the market for drugs, when a lot of the money is laundered in the United States back into the hands of the drug kingpins, and when the weapons have come from our country. So I think recognizing the co-responsibility is just stating the obvious," Clinton said.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=93096
The authors statements actually support Clinton's statement since we do know that some of the guns come from the US.

The statement by Hoover, is even more revealing of the author's bias.
Since Hoover's statement includes guns that don't make it into Mexico, it is unlikely that such guns could have committed a crime in Mexico. Hoover never said that US guns made up 90% of crimes in Mexico. He never said it was a fact or that 90% of the guns have been traced. Hoover is guilty of interpolating the 90% figure beyond the guns traced but it doesn't make his statement false. It is unknown whether it might be true or not.

The claim by the authors that "it means 83 percent of the guns found at crime scenes in Mexico could not be traced to the U.S." is as specious as claiming 90% of the guns that committed crimes came from the US. The only thing we know about the guns is no attempt was made to trace them to the US. It does not mean as Hoover implies that 90% of them probably came from the U.S. nor does it mean as the author's state that they could not be traced. It only means they were not submitted so there origin with respect to the US is unknown.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:23 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

pretty far underground, they've not found them yet

let's face it, the yellow cake uranium, the magic show at the un, let's not call them lies, let's call them deceptions, pretty costly deceptions

Your arguing against a point I didn't make. I didn't say that there actually were WMD programs or WMDs in Iraq at the moment of invasion. I said that Bush actually did believe that there were, that it was a popular and unremarkable opinion at the time, and that it was an opinion shared by many people. It wasn't a lie and it wasn't a deception. You are simply wrong.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

wow, it's a good thing he didn't take this information to the united nations and the american people and then start a war that bankrupted the nation, all because of a lie

but really, only an idiot would do something like.....oh....uh....yeah, forgot about the other guy sorry

Neither did Bush. Bush said, to paraphrase, "It is highly probable that Iraq has merely taken its WMD development programs further underground, rather than dismantling them as required, and WMD in Saddam Hussein's hands would be too dangerous to permit," which was Bush's actual opinion, the opinion of many, and perfectly reasonable based on what was then known. This is not a lie.

stating a fact which is proven to be false.

what is that called?

you dont start wars on hearsay, do you?
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:49 pm
@OGIONIK,
you know what motherfuckers?

one word.

A-N-A-R-C-H-Y

**** bush, **** obama.
0 Replies