H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 05:56 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid, grow up and quit being a little girl!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 05:58 am

Bush is gone, Buck Farak!
Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 06:35 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Bush is gone, Buck Farak!

Waterboy wrote:
Quote:
Intrepid, grow up and quit being a little girl!

Yep, we can see how grown up you are. Nothing of substance to see here folks.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 06:43 am
@Intrepid,

Intrepid, you are a proud member of the dumbmasses incapable of thinking for your self.

PrezBO got it wrong.
It's not the first time he has been wrong and it won't be the last time.
djjd62

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 06:44 am
@H2O MAN,
idiot, you can't even spell

it's **** barak

and might i add, clinton, gore, mc cain, palin, romney, every member of the house of congress, every supreme court judge, the pope what the hell, **** everybody
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:01 am
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

wow, it's a good thing he didn't take this information to the united nations and the american people and then start a war that bankrupted the nation, all because of a lie

but really, only an idiot would do something like.....oh....uh....yeah, forgot about the other guy sorry

Neither did Bush. Bush said, to paraphrase, "It is highly probable that Iraq has merely taken its WMD development programs further underground, rather than dismantling them as required, and WMD in Saddam Hussein's hands would be too dangerous to permit," which was Bush's actual opinion, the opinion of many, and perfectly reasonable based on what was then known. This is not a lie.

stating a fact which is proven to be false.

what is that called?

you dont start wars on hearsay, do you?

Which fact was proven to be false? The existence of underground WMD programs in Iraq hadn't been proven to be false at the moment of invasion.

As to starting wars based on hearsay, if a very dangerous and immoral dictatorship is developing weapons so powerful that one use of one could kill half a million people, and reasonable efforts to peacefully persuade it to stop have failed, the outside world, or any element of the outside world, has the right to stop it before it reaches fruition in the interests of self protection. It's similar to stopping a criminal in the act of picking up a gun.
djjd62

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:28 am
@Brandon9000,
blah blah blah blah

bush had a big hard on for iraq, he took you guys to war, his cronies made a tidy pile of cash, plain and simple

bush fucked up, afghanistan was the priority and he dropped the ball, he did exactly what his daddy did in the first gulf war, pushed the combatants back and then eased up, now you guys are stuck with a huge war debt, countless dead on both sides, and you have to go fight the original threat all over again

parados

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:50 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
As to starting wars based on hearsay, if a very dangerous and immoral dictatorship is developing weapons so powerful that one use of one could kill half a million people, and reasonable efforts to peacefully persuade it to stop have failed, the outside world, or any element of the outside world, has the right to stop it before it reaches fruition in the interests of self protection. It's similar to stopping a criminal in the act of picking up a gun.

So, we invaded Iraq who were NOT creating WMD and did not invade N Korea who were developing them. Your logic is great Brandon but why don't you consider it in the reality of what was taking place in the world?

I guess I would consider it shooting someone because they might have a gun and not bothering to consider it is only a lighter they are reaching for.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 08:31 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Intrepid, you are a proud member of the dumbmasses incapable of thinking for your self.

PrezBO got it wrong.
It's not the first time he has been wrong and it won't be the last time.

How would someone like you know whether I was a proud member of anything? You are under the misconception that I cannot think for myself. That dumb remark is only because that is something that you are used to and cannot conceive of anyone disagreeing with your stupid ideas.

Are you so naive to think that everybody gets everything right all the time. You are used to Bush getting things wrong all of the time that you can't tell when somebody is normal.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 08:47 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

How would someone like you

Someone like me?
Are you a racist?
A bigot?

Piss off!!
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 10:49 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

blah blah blah blah

bush had a big hard on for iraq, he took you guys to war, his cronies made a tidy pile of cash, plain and simple

bush fucked up, afghanistan was the priority and he dropped the ball, he did exactly what his daddy did in the first gulf war, pushed the combatants back and then eased up, now you guys are stuck with a huge war debt, countless dead on both sides, and you have to go fight the original threat all over again

Sorry, I'm not going to let you divide an argument you're losing into multiple arguments for the purpose of obfuscation. So, to get back to your original post, what was this lie you referred to?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 10:54 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:

So, we invaded Iraq who were NOT creating WMD and did not invade N Korea who were developing them. Your logic is great Brandon but why don't you consider it in the reality of what was taking place in the world?

I guess I would consider it shooting someone because they might have a gun and not bothering to consider it is only a lighter they are reaching for.

The Korea argument is flawed, because, unlike the case of Iraq, there was never a point in time when we believed it to be highly probable that they had a secret WMD program until they suddenly announced that they already possessed nuclear bombs. Once they made that announcement it was too late to invade, since they would then have had the option of using the bombs.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 11:43 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

well..... that about covers it.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 12:14 pm
@Brandon9000,
What planet do you live on Brandon?

Quote:
In October 2002, North Korean officials acknowledged the existence of a clandestine program to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons that is in violation of the Agreed Framework and other agreements.

On October 9, 2006, North Korea announced it had conducted a nuclear test.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nuke/index.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-02-10-nkorea-nukes_x.htm
Quote:
2/10/2005
North Korea boasted publicly for the first time Thursday that it has nuclear weapons

Why did the Bush administration break off the 1994 agreement with North Korea if they didn't think North Korea was working on WMD?

So, let me ask you again Brandon, What planet do you live on? We invaded Iraq less than 2 years into Bush's administration without evidence but we can't invade North Korea in 3-4 years when they ADMIT they are working on WMD?

The Korean argument shows the gaping hole in your argument Brandon. Your attempt to rewrite history to fit your argument only shows how out of touch you seem to be.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 01:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

How would someone like you

Someone like me?
Are you a racist?
A bigot?

Piss off!!

Apparently, you have an inferiority complex. Otherwise, how would you have gotten that drivel out of my comment?

Are you an idiot?

Yes? No? Maybe?

Waterboy wrote:
Quote:

Dumbmasses? Are you a racist, bigot, intellectually bankrupt?

Your frustrations are understandable given the fact that almost everyone who has argued your point has given much more convincing arguments that you.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 04:48 pm
@Intrepid,

Intrepid = he who holds the tiny pickle.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 05:12 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

What planet do you live on Brandon?

Quote:
In October 2002, North Korean officials acknowledged the existence of a clandestine program to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons that is in violation of the Agreed Framework and other agreements.

On October 9, 2006, North Korea announced it had conducted a nuclear test.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nuke/index.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-02-10-nkorea-nukes_x.htm
Quote:
2/10/2005
North Korea boasted publicly for the first time Thursday that it has nuclear weapons

Why did the Bush administration break off the 1994 agreement with North Korea if they didn't think North Korea was working on WMD?

So, let me ask you again Brandon, What planet do you live on? We invaded Iraq less than 2 years into Bush's administration without evidence but we can't invade North Korea in 3-4 years when they ADMIT they are working on WMD?

The Korean argument shows the gaping hole in your argument Brandon. Your attempt to rewrite history to fit your argument only shows how out of touch you seem to be.

I stand corrected, up to a point, but you're not right either. From your first source:

Quote:
In a roundtable discussion with the United States and China in Beijing on April 24, 2003, North Korean officials admitted for the first time that they possessed nuclear weapons....

Tensions between the United States and North Korea have been running especially high since, in early October of 2002, Assistant Secretary of State James Kelly informed North Korean officials that the United States was aware that North Korea had a program underway to enrich uranium for use in nuclear weapons. Initially North Korea denied this, but later confirmed the veracity of the US claim.

So, the period when we might have invaded was from 10/2002 to 4/2003, which is about six months. Now, it's a part of my beliefs that we should make an substantial effort to persuade someone to stop voluntarily before we invade, and I do, indeed, believe that we should have begun trying to persuade North Korea to stop their enriched uranium program, or provide verification that it would never be used for a bomb, once we knew the program existed. I have no idea whether we did this or not. Had they not complied after a significant and repeated diplomatic effort, and had their success in making a weapon seemed close, we should indeed have invaded. Anyway, none of this refutes my original position that the invasion of Iraq wasn't based on a lie.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Intrepid = he who holds the tiny pickle.

Nope. Wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 02:45 pm
@Intrepid,

But, your tiny self won't reach anywhere near10 feet...

BTW, PrezBO got it WRONG!
Intrepid

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 05:16 pm
@H2O MAN,
<shakes head in utter amazement at the stupidity that spews from this idiot> Rolling Eyes