The Delay at Platform One Is Due to -- a Vasectomy?

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 11:09 am
The Delay at Platform One Is Due to -- a Vasectomy?
Tue Sep 30, 8:58 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - London commuters, long used to train operators blaming delays on everything from leaves on the line to "slippery" rain, thought they had heard it all -- until a vasectomy stopped services.

Thousands of commuters were held up when a trainee driver on the London Underground fell out of his cab after fainting over fellow workers' descriptions of the vasectomy operation a colleague had undergone, British newspapers reported Tuesday.

The trainee, who was taken to a hospital with head and chest injuries, had unsuccessfully asked his fellow workers to stop talking about the vasectomy, the Daily Express said.

"The details were just too graphic and evidently too much for the young trainee to take," the newspaper quoted a London Underground source as saying. The incident occurred last Thursday.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 662 • Replies: 2
No top replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 11:32 am
Having used the London Underground regularly for much of my life, I always knew it was "something else". I am so glad I don't read the Daily Express & I'm too old to bother with a vasectomy.
Our Little Island is indeed a strange & novel place.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 09:36 pm
A few years ago we set off from Leeds to Horton in Ribblesdale to do the three peaks walk, we were held up for two hours due to "leaves on the line"

A locomotive weighs about 100 tons, and travels at 70 miles per hour, leaves weigh about a gram each, and float to the ground at two miles per hour.

Perhaps I should have paid more attention in physics class.
0 Replies