http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/Read.asp?fn=df09302003.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 715 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 08:58 pm
Hey BP. I subscribe to the misleader. It seems to me that though it's a helpful site, they are a little behind the curve. Every time I check them, they are telling me something I heard a week or two ago. But at least they are on the curve.

In about a week they'll be observing the deliberate ambiguity of Bush's statement today "Whoever leaked this will be taken care of..." about the CIA agent cover leak.

Now the real problem, as I'm sure you've observed, is getting people to care about all these perfectly true observations of the situation.

Beedle/HCE
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 02:42 am
Daily Mislead
Squeedleboink! Beedlesquoink! HCE! Hello, old friend. It has been a long time. Glad to see you.

Yes, I get the dailymislead by e-mail and I agree that too often my reaction is the same as yours -- that was on the news a week ago. Of course perhaps the problem is that ole George doesn't mislead just every day and so they have to dig up some of his old goofs, of which there are plenty.

How ya been? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 05:23 am
The holocaust was many years ago and yet the idea is to "never forget" so it doesn't happen again.

I say "never stop" driving in the truth eventually some will soak in...as for me continually posting it....there is always someone new to reach out to wherever you go.

The truth will out, if for no other reason than to remove the "I didn't know" excuse.
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 06:34 pm
Shoesharper: I'm just fine old friend. You as well, I trust? I hain't (I like this word) been round much, but I should be seen more in this space for the next month or so.

BP, you are so very correct.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 09:37 pm
Daily Mislead
Beedlesquoink -- You are a sight for sore eyes. Glad you are going to be around.

Bear -- I was in a class today where some were bemoaning the fact that people are beginning to forget 9/11. I piped up and harrangued the class with my opinion that 9/ll, horrible and tragic though it was, is over and we can't do a darned thing about it. But a lot of these other things -- the Iraq war, intelligence failures, Bush's lying, erosion of civil rights, prostitution of the Constitution, etc, etc, etc, -- these are things that we can do something about and these are the things we should never forget, until they are remedied. To that end, every one of us should keep on telling the truth to anyone we can anywhere we can anytime we can. If the Daily MIslead serves that end at all, more power to it. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 07:01 am
i agree 1000%
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 07:19 am
Ordinary people lie, politicians mislead. Am I the only person who sees something wrong here?
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 12:50 pm
Daily Mislead
Wilso -- I guess "mislead" is more politically correct. You need a translator in these days of political correctness. The object of the game seems to be: say something without saying what you mean. Insane! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 12:59 pm
I think the mislead thing is mostly just because it's catchier -- he's not a leader, he's a MISleader -- not because of political correctness.
0 Replies