How do you become involved in local politics?

Linkat

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 02:21 pm
@sozobe,
No, I'm not talking to him about getting support for some one else. I guess my comments are two fold.

I'm doing the venting thing at him by writing to him.

And I'm hoping to find another candidate to support. The odd thing is this mayor was elected over the previous current mayor for just some of these same reasons. And now we have another bone head.

I just figured I could talk with his contact and see what he has to say about what is going on - and also to see if he would really meet with me and is this just a ruse as he wouldn't expect anyone to follow through.

One thing he did with his expensive office redecoration was he invited everyone including the media to come see his office. When the media came, they didn't allow them in.
Linkat

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 02:22 pm
@sozobe,
As far as the naked ladies - not sure it is a bit too cold yet.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 02:30 pm
@Linkat,
I meant more like, you already know you don't support THIS guy, right? So why would you need to talk to him to decide who you will support in the future? Ask him questions about which up-and-coming politician he hates the most? Wink

I get calling the mayor's office on their bluff and seeing if someone actually shows up. Main point I'm making is that someone probably will show up, who is probably some lackey delegated to doing just this (listening to disgruntled constituents), and that nothing in particular will happen once you're out the door.
Linkat

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 02:48 pm
@sozobe,
I wasn't gonna talk to him about local politics - only going ask him a bunch of questions about his actions. I agree he will probably just appease me to get me to shut up, but what if everyone did this? Not the appease part - but if everyone angry about the mayor complained and showed up on his door step.

I'd show up naked, but he might enjoy it.
sozobe

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 02:54 pm
@Linkat,
Exactly... that's the think big part. GET everyone angry and complaining and showing up on his doorstep.

Maybe you can go and then get some sort of a venue (that's the hard part, where nakedness would help, though it negatively impacts credibility somewhat) (just a bit), and talk about how GREAT it felt to tell him just what you thought about him, and how you know that just one voice doesn't do that much but if everyone who was mad just said something it'd be different , and offer an easy way to do so (phone numbers, email addresses)... that might get somewhere.
0 Replies