The 5 biggest myths about Obama

ebrown p

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 02:19 pm
@parados,
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51w9qSNBrmL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 02:51 pm
@ebrown p,
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CIzktrK48qTAwAEQ2AUYTzIIImFzbv4KL2M
JTT

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 10:48 pm
@H2O MAN,
You voted for Obama! You're an idiot, h2oman. You can't even keep track of who you were supposed to vote for given your wacko right wing views.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 09:06 pm
I think the problems Obama is currently facing is due to the high expectations put in place by the media.

Most people were expecting someone who would solve all of the country's problems almost immediately. Recent Teleprompter revelations aside, the media did their best to portray him in the best light during the campaign.

Plus, Obama knows his history; he wasn't about to repeat Carter's mistakes when Carter bucked a dem congress when he was first elected. But then, Carter was an outsider.

Essentially, what we have is an inexperienced senator who is skilled - and shrewd - in the way of most Chicago politicians. With a very supportive congress controlled by the left wing of the dem party.

Give Obama credit for trying to remake the fundamentals of the US economy and culture. He is trying to shape the country in the way he and others from the dem left would like it to look in the future.

The question is, will the rest of the country go along? I believe we're beginning to see the start of a bit of resistance, the more people learn. The moderates of the dem party are beginning to blink at all the spending, and Obama has certainly lost the business sector.

His admin will find success if they are able to stoke class warfare in the next few months as successfully as they have his first few weeks...

JTT

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 08:44 pm
@A Lone Voice,
Quote:
... and Obama has certainly lost the business sector.

Yeah, the rape and pillage crew certainly don't want any controls on themselves.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 06:49 am
@A Lone Voice,
Quote:
I think the problems Obama is currently facing is due to the high expectations put in place by the media.

Most people were expecting someone who would solve all of the country's problems almost immediately

The only people whining about Obama not fixing everything right away seem to be those that want him to fail LV. I don't know anyone other than you and the RW fools that think he should have fixed everything by now.

Most people are realists and know that you can't fix a problem like this overnight. To fix it in one year would be amazing. 2 years more realistic.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:22 am
@A Lone Voice,
A Lone Voice wrote:

Most people were expecting someone who would solve all of the country's problems almost immediately. Recent Teleprompter revelations aside, the media did their best to portray him in the best light during the campaign.

Plus, Obama knows his history; he wasn't about to repeat Carter's mistakes when Carter bucked a dem congress when he was first elected. But then, Carter was an outsider.

Essentially, what we have is an inexperienced senator who is skilled - and shrewd - in the way of most Chicago politicians. With a very supportive congress controlled by the left wing of the dem party.

Give Obama credit for trying to remake the fundamentals of the US economy and culture. He is trying to shape the country in the way he and others from the dem left would like it to look in the future.

The question is, will the rest of the country go along? I believe we're beginning to see the start of a bit of resistance, the more people learn. The moderates of the dem party are beginning to blink at all the spending, and Obama has certainly lost the business sector.

His admin will find success if they are able to stoke class warfare in the next few months as successfully as they have his first few weeks...

I find the above analysis cogent. The problem might be that Obama did not come onto the scene when FDR did, and the country had a real depression. In other words, the media, and the gullibility of a portion of the masses, may believe that the recession has hit EVERYONE. Not true. There are people that are not rich, but liking the system the way it was, and see the economy's possible reaction to Obama's tentative policies as upsetting their personal applecart, so to speak. This might be where the grassroots resistance will come from; not the rich.

It might just be a toss-up, as to whether Obama's popularity will continue, or will some people decide that there are clay feet at the bottom of their metaphorical idol?

I believe that the reality is that the proverbial "American Dream" for the Democrats would be different than the "American Dream" for the Republicans. For example, while both would say they want anyone who wants a college education to be able to have one, the nation under a Democratic vision may then have many college educated graduates doing the same job that years ago was done by a high school graduate - the economy stagnated, as far as innovation and new industry.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:34 am
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/prompter.jpg
0 Replies