jclbiz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,866 • Replies: 14
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 02:11 pm
I don't think there's a definitive answer to that question. This may be because different people have different triggers - different events set a migraine off. Each person who suffers them eventually finds his or her own triggers (hopefully).

Some triggers I have heard about are:
caffeine
alcohol
hormones
sun-glare
lack of sleep
stress

some cures (if caught early on):
tylenol/ibuprofen
caffeine (go figure)
alcohol (I don't get it either)
sleep

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/DS00120
littlek

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 02:18 pm
@littlek,
You may be interested in googling "migraine art" and "migraine aura" and checking out the images tab.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 05:00 pm
@jclbiz,
It could be chemicals. Excessive sugar can give diabetics headaches. Best way is to drink a lot of water to dilute the chemicals and pass it away as urine later. Eat a healthy diet and excercise often. Eat fruits, veggies and nuts but once in a while (say once a week) just let go and and enjoy yourself with cakes, candies and junk.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 09:08 pm
@jclbiz,
jclbiz - are you coming back to us?

After I responded to you I went to bed and the enxt day started a two-day migraine. happily my migraines are down several notches from what they were 20 years ago, but it's disconcerting to have them again.
coluber2001

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 12:46 pm
There is a good explanation on Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migraine
There are many individual triggers, and cannabis, for one, seems to alleviate the symptoms.
0 Replies

jclbiz

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 12:59 pm
@littlek,
The latest I have heard,,Taking a full spectrum enzyme formula ie: Multi-enzyme from vitaminshoppe.com I just got some. Very good for general health overall as I understand. Wish I could remember the site for U.

jclbiz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 03:13 pm
Also, since it all stemmed from my eyes, I went to an eye doctor (it'd been 10 years). I have an astigmatism and am slightly far-sighted. I'm going to try and use reading glasses and anti-glare sunglasses to see if I get the headaches less often.
mismi

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 03:57 pm
@littlek,
I used to have them - after I had the twins - they were hormonal migraines...my 9 year old has had them since he was 4 though...his are triggered by being over tired. At least that is the only thing we can follow them to...we don't eat hotdogs very often...he doesn't like chocolate, very little packaged lunch meat...we can only treat his with what they call super doses of ibuprofen...twice as much as he usually takes.
jclbiz

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 06:29 pm
@mismi,
I never have any type headeach's ever. I have a friend that does. Wish I had an answer 4 U. The enzyemes sound promicing howerver.

jclbiz
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 09:25 pm
Tico's tension headache cure:

http://able2know.org/topic/116500-1#post-3235598
mismi

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 09:36 pm
@Ticomaya,
Tico - everytime I see a California commercial with the governor in it - I think of you.... I see him I think Ticomaya. Crazy.

I remember that thread...thanks for posting the link.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 10:16 pm
@Ticomaya,
Tico, I know those pressure points. I found them on my own in high school. I'd make fists and lay on my back with a knuckle of each fist pointed upward on either side of that spine/skull juncture. That way I could relax into the knuckle. Also had a gymnastics coach who would squeeze my skull when I had headaches.

My mom repetedly tells me and everyone else the story about how I came home from college once to find her in bed incapacitated from a headache. I hit her pressure points and she was cured.
0 Replies

loise

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 05:47 am
@jclbiz,
Migraine is a condition that causes attacks of headaches.The symptoms such as feeling sick or being sick are common Between migraine attacks.
I was suffering the same from last last years. But one of my friend suggest me the Pain management center for treatment. After short course of treatment, i feel better now.
0 Replies

DanielFredette

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 03:34 am
@jclbiz,
salty food or aged food, skipping meals, preservatives, hormonal changes, drinks such as alcohol and caffeine, stress, physical stress, hormone medications , sleep cycle change and weather change can trigger migraine.
0 Replies