Another Bush decision that the Obama admin supports

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 01:37 pm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/13/AR2009031303211.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Quote:
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar's decision to stick with a controversial Bush administration move that took gray wolves off the endangered species list in most of the northern Rockies reflects the independent streak that has defined his career. But it has alienated key Obama administration allies, including environmentalists and some lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

So, apparently the Obama admin doesnt care about wolves and other animals either.

I thought the Obama admin was going to change all of the Bush plans and decrees.
I guess they really arent.

DrewDad

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 02:15 pm
Um... what's your point here? That the Obama administration is being careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater? That Obama's administration is not filled with people who have a knee-jerk response to the Bush administration's policies?

Heavens to Betsy!
NickFun

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 03:35 pm
You mean...the Bush administration actually made a correct decision? I find this hard to believe! And I agree with it too! Amazing!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 03:37 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Um... what's your point here? That the Obama administration is being careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater? That Obama's administration is not filled with people who have a knee-jerk response to the Bush administration's policies?

Heavens to Betsy!

and using his noodle is exactly what i want obama to do.

i'm all for preserving an endangered species; but as we go along we are better able to identify what species are actually in danger of extinction. and if that danger is all encompassing or in selected areas.

(using quavering grouchy old man voice) "i' said it befer an' i' say id agin; "if the president is pissing off the fer right and the fer left, he must be doin' sumthin' right."

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 06:44 pm
@mysteryman,
Of course they would be far more correct then not if they always did a 180 degree change from the postions taken by the Bush administration.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 09:21 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
I thought the Obama admin was going to change all of the Bush plans and decrees.
I guess they really arent.

Um, that would be good from your POV, no?

I mean, just a few months ago, during the election campaign, you were expressing fears that Obama was a radical. And now your problem is that he isnt breaking with Bush radically enough?
0 Replies