Microwave while roomie is asleep?

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 12:26 am
Ok, I am very well mannered, but I tend to wake prior to my roomate. When I wake I am usually starved, and cold cereal dosn't always hit the spot. I love Hot Pockets, Sausage Biscuits, and Aunt Jemimah stuff, but I have to wait hours to eat those. Would it be incredibly rude if I were to microwave food while my roomate is sleeping? It's not my fault I'm an early riser.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,343 • Replies: 5
No top replies

candide

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 01:01 am
The best thing to do is ask him.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 01:02 am
considering that you probably know how to use a stove and can cook eggs, or boil water to make oatmeal i would say that within the first few times you wake up your roommate just to cook a hot pocket he'll cave in your face for it.

and so would i.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 04:18 am
@BroncoGolfer08,
You must have a very loud microwave.
chai2

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 04:50 am
@roger,
Not so much the hum of the microwave, but the beeping and sound of the door closing.

On my mic, you can't quietly close the door, it make a loudish snap, plus hitting the buttons to set the cooking time.

If the roommate sleeps right next to the kitchen, I could see that could wake him up.

Maybe he could buy a small microwave for his bedroom and cook it in there?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:49 am
Is he a light sleeper? Could you move the microwave to the other end of the house so you don't wake him?

I agree that you should ask him. Problem solved. Next!
0 Replies