Jindal Made Up Katrina Story

snood

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 05:30 pm
It seems the story that Jindal used to illustrate the central point in his rebuttal to Obama's address the other night - that point being the threat of excessive government regulation - was pulled out of his ass.

I keep hearing that Jindal and Palin are the future of the GOP.

That wouldn't fill me with either pride or confidence.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/02/jindal_admits_katrina_story_was_false.php
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,539 • Replies: 37
No top replies

genoves

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 05:35 pm
@snood,
You wouldn't be prejudiced against Jindal because his skin is dark and he is an Asian, would you?
JTT

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 05:46 pm
@genoves,
Genoves crawls up and out of the ooze and slime, mumbles some inanity and slithers back to his usual sanctuary.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 05:48 pm
so let's just ignore him.

Jindal has admitted that he lied? Wow.
I've heard that his career is just about done. He really tore himself a new one, didn't he?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 11:09 pm
I don't know, eoe. Besides the talking heads like Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, O'Reilly and Malkin, the repugs don't really seem to have much to turn to as far as leadership. So clueless nimrods like Palin and Jindal might be headed for a very prolonged "15 minutes".
JTT

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 11:51 pm
@snood,
You raise the spectre of an O'Reilly/ Hannity ticket, a Malkin/Palin double whammy, Snood.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 12:11 am
Re: snood (Post 3586236)
You wouldn't be prejudiced against Jindal because his skin is dark and he is an Asian, would you
genoves

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 12:15 am
Hey, snide, read this---

Whatever his reasons, Obama has taken some supporters aback with a number of recent actions.

In one, the administration sided with Bush in trying to kill a lawsuit that seeks to recover what could be millions of missing White House e-mails from the Bush years.

Obama's administration also echoed Bush in maintaining that detainees in Afghanistan have no constitutional rights.

In three pending court cases, it has invoked a "state secrets" argument or similar claims to avoid disclosure of sensitive information even as it conducts a wide-ranging review of what secrets should be kept.

Glenn Sulmasy, who teaches constitutional law at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, said Obama is simply shifting from campaigning to governing.

"It's just the realities of executive power in the 21st century," Sulmasy said. "When you sit down and see the threat of al-Qaeda and the threats to national security and homeland security, this would be natural and normal for him to take such steps and measures."

Biddle, the foreign policy expert, said that in matters of foreign policy, one president often finds himself boxed in by decisions of his predecessors that limit his options. There's no unwinding what has happened in Iraq and Afghanistan, for example.

That may be one reason FBI Director Robert Mueller said last week that when it comes to hunting terrorists, "there has not been a change in terms of our priorities. There is no one in the Bush administration or the Obama administration who wants another terrorist attack and the emphasis has remained the same."

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano highlighted another case last week where Obama is in sync with Bush. She said the government won't be able to meet the 2012 congressional deadline for screening all cargo coming into the U.S. for radiological and nuclear materials. Both administrations argued that the rule requires agreements with other countries and the deadline won't work.

Beyond national security, campaign-trail calls for an early end to the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans vanished when the economy went into free fall. Nor is Obama inclined to force a renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement, as he hinted during the campaign that he might do

It looks like Obama is deserting his people--I'm sure Minister Farrakhan wouldn't agree with those stances Obama has taken.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:04 am
Jindal lost all credibility when he personally backed the new anti-science education law in Louisiana. Hes leeting his chosen religion dictate his governance even though his position is counter to the US Constitution.

His oath of office, I believe, includes a final phrase t
''Uphold the Constitution of the STate of Louisiana and the US , so help me God," AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

Genoves, once you play a "race card" youre sort of stuck for an encore. Youve shot yer wad, blown your cover and now all you can do is repeat line 1.
Jindal was a minor "flavor of the day" last summer when he bucked all common sense to sign that stupid law. His cred is shot , be he brown, black, or white.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:07 am
@genoves,
You seem to imply that because hes of Asian descent, he should get a pass from having to deal with an official lie?
farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:42 am
@farmerman,
Bobby Jindals first appearance on the national stage involved a backhanded way to RE-introduce the teaching of Creationism in Louisiana.
Quote:
Remembering Jindal as a good student in his genetics class, Landy hoped that the governor would recall the scientific importance of evolution to biology and medicine. Joining Landy in his opposition to the bill were the American Institute of Biological Sciences, which warned that “Louisiana will undoubtedly be thrust into the national spotlight as a state that pursues politics over science and education,” and the American Association for the Advancement of Science, which told Jindal that the law would “unleash an assault against scientific integrity.” Earlier, the National Association of Biology Teachers had urged the legislature to defeat the bill, pleading “that the state of Louisiana not allow its science curriculum to be weakened by encouraging the utilization of supplemental materials produced for the sole purpose of confusing students about the nature of science.”

But all these protests were of no avail. On June 26, 2008, the governor’s office announced that Jindal had signed the Louisiana Science Education Act into law. Why all the fuss? On its face, the law looks innocuous: it directs the state board of education to “allow and assist teachers, principals, and other school administrators to create and foster an environment within public elementary and secondary schools that promotes critical thinking skills, logical analysis, and open and objective discussion of scientific theories being studied,” which includes providing “support and guidance for teachers regarding effective ways to help students understand, analyze, critique, and objectively review scientific theories being studied.” What’s not to like? Aren’t critical thinking, logical analysis, and open and objective discussion exactly what science education aims to promote?

As always in the contentious history of evolution education in the U.S., the devil is in the details. The law explicitly targets evolution, which is unsurprising"for lurking in the background of the law is creationism, the rejection of a scientific explanation of the history of life in favor of a supernatural account involving a personal creator. Indeed, to mutate Dobzhansky’s dictum, nothing about the Louisiana law makes sense except in the light of creationism

Jindal has been on a worn track of ole time conservative politics since he took office. He ran on a platform of fiscal responsibility and has risen above it by becoming a puppet of the Conservative Christians who are quite comfortable with lying to make their points.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:09 pm
@farmerman,
Of course, not. I would never say that! If JIndal were to run for President and his East Indian Brethern would turn out to cast 95% of its votes for him, I would say that those people are RACISTS and not voting for the best man but only because his skin is dark and he is an East Indian.

Principles and qualifications matter!!!!!
genoves

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:11 pm
@snood,
Snide--Jindal is a "brother". His skin is as black as yours> Where is your racial loyalty?
djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:15 pm
@genoves,
wow, you really are a scumbag aren't you
genoves

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:18 pm
@snood,
I know you won't believe this, snide, but it's true. I have converted. I am now a Muslim. The other night I heard the finest speech I have ever heard from a man who empathizes racial healing and equality for all--THE REVEREND FARRAKHAN!

What a wonderful guy and a model for all our politicians.

He was followed to the podium by Obama's wonderful moderate and rational pastor--The Reverend Wright-- who reminded me to write a letter to our esteemed President Barack H. Obama to ask him to investigate the horrible charges levied by his pastor--Namely, that White Doctors had invented the AIDS virus to inoculate Blacks so that the African-American race would be diminished.

What a great speaker--that Wright!!!
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:21 pm
@djjd62,
Do you have a problem with this statement, djjd62?

Of course, not. I would never say that! If JIndal were to run for President and his East Indian Brethern would turn out to cast 95% of its votes for him, I would say that those people are RACISTS and not voting for the best man but only because his skin is dark and he is an East Indian.

If so.let me know what is wrong with it!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:21 pm
@genoves,
so your job is to remind people of racial differences ? I guess youre losing credibility with youre statements. WHy is my critique of Jindal any more credible than Snoods?

Or is it just race baiting that stirs you up?
genoves

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:22 pm
@farmerman,
Did you read my post? What is in it that you find objectionable?

Re: farmerman (Post 3586658)

0 Replies

genoves

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:26 pm
snide wrote:

It seems the story that Jindal used to illustrate the central point in his rebuttal to Obama's address the other night - that point being the threat of excessive government regulation - was pulled out of his ass.

That's not nice, snide. You weren't there so unless you have an eye witness that Jindal's address came from his anus, you are obviously "jiving". If you read the wonderful books written by Obama( I know they have some big words and it would take you a long time to read, snide, but you really should read those books written by the President of the USA who worked as a community organizer selflessly to help his people) you would learn more about "jiving"
djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:28 pm
@genoves,
i might have been wrong

maybe you need something more than a punch to the head