I'm in love but they live in the usa

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 04:18 am
I'm in love with a guy who I have met online recently like a month or so ago, i told him how i felt, and he told me as well however he just wants friendships but at the same time i feel that he wants more but dont knw what 2 do as he just wants friendships but i know he thinks im good looking and sweet and feel the vibes that are there what should i do about it..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 909 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 08:24 am
He's already told you he just wants friendship. You cannot make people love you.

One thing about Internet relationships (long distance) -- they often compress a lot of feelings together in one concentrated shot. You feel everything, and it's very intense and very, very fast. But there is an enormous qualitative difference between people who just chat online versus those who call on the telephone and then there is a difference between those folks and the ones who meet.

It can be a progression and, yes, people can marry. But they have to go outside their comfort zone and they have to spend some money. It has to be a commitment of some sort, and a time commitment by two bored, otherwise unengaged (I don't mean no engagement ring, I mean nothing else is catching their attention or occupying their time) people to just exchange emails or chats -- even if it is for hours at a time -- is a far cry from people talking (and paying for) long distance phone calls and then that is light years from people buying plane tickets and using them.

I have been managing not just this site but going back to chatrooms it's back over 11 years and have seen this happen repeatedly. People "fall" for each other but if they are unwilling to spend a dime then that's all it's worth.
0 Replies

cheermakeupbitch421

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:31 am
hi.... do u no this guy personally? he could be a wierd stalker guy that is making you love him.......i hope not for ur sake...... and u cant make someone love u.....plus u mite meet someone that u love more and u r friends outside of online
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:34 am
@cheermakeupbitch421,
wow, I have no idea what you just said - could you repeat that?
SeattleKitty

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 07:06 pm
@CalamityJane,
I think it's worthwhile to enjoy the company if it makes you feel good. I agree that the chances of anything coming out of the long distance relationship is very very low....but life is short, and you've got some nice company so you should love and appreciate it while it's there.
0 Replies