Pandering Progressives:Is AG Holder Right about Racism?

genoves

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 03:04 am
Aidan wrote:

I have to say that I don't know exactly what I think about this. I'm somewhat conflicted. I know that in this affluent and competitive school system I taught in, the black students were most likely to be 'native' to that district. Many of the other students were children of doctors and professors as Duke and UNC were in close proximity, and moved in and out of the district. The black kids who attended were the ones who were most likely to have had continuity in their education. But they were the ones who most perceptibly lagged in their progress. Yet they were passed from grade to grade without being educated. I was working with ninth graders reading on a fourth grade level trying to pass World History. But they couldn't read the text book. Why? How could we let that happen? And should they (as children) be held responsible for that? I can't see that.

They can't read the textbook? After FORTY YEARS of throwing money into the inner city to help indigent blacks, THEY CANT READ THE TEXTBOOK?

WHO, then, is responsible? The parents? Most of them can't read the textbook.
The teachers? Do you indict yourself, Aidan?

The school districts which do not provide enough money to educate the poor ghetto children?

I GUESS THAT AIDAN DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO READ-I GAVE HIM THE ANSWER BUT HE EITHER DID NOT READ ITOR REFUSES TO CONSIDER IT.

NOTE-- M O N E Y I S N O T T H E A N S W E R.

Proof?--Already been posted bu t here it is again--
0 Replies