Fact about the effect of bacterial meningitis

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 07:01 am
Can someone tell me about the effect of meningitis? Because i cant really understand what's happening to me. I had meningitis when i was a baby. And i grew up feeling headache most of the time. Now im drinking tramal for my headache, was that medicine suits me? I just wanna clear, though it was prescribe by my Nuero. Was it the effect of bacterial meningitis(headache)? im 25 yrs old now, female from phil..i hope i can find anwer here.. thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,987 • Replies: 2
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 08:06 am

I found this: http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/meningitis-12-frequently-asked-questions?page=2

Quote:
11. What are the long-term effects of meningitis?
The outcome of meningitis depends on the cause of the infection, how quickly treatment begins, and how ill the person becomes. However, these are possible long-term side effects of the disease:

Fatigue
Recurring headaches
Memory or concentration problems
Mood swings or aggression
Balance problems or clumsiness
Temporary or permanent deafness
Loss of vision, seizures, or brain damage (rare)
Loss of limbs

Really though, why don't you ask your doctor. Maybe you need to try another type of medicine or another kind of treatment.
sweetchel

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 03:17 am
@boomerang,
thanks for your reply... sorry it takes time before i was able to read your message...it did help me.. the last time that i visited my doctor, he just prescribed me a medicine for my headache which is tramadol 10mg... no more explanation... that's why i decided to ask in this site... again thanks a lot!
0 Replies