determination made/showed/displayed

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 12:51 pm
Which verb in bold should be used? Or is there a better verb?

Many thanks.

This time, we have published the memorial photograph collection of our High Priest’s visit as a memento of the ceremony for the first anniversary of the establishment of the Kaimyo-in and the inauguration of the Hokkeko Kaimyo-in Chapter. I shall be very pleased if this book enables you to recall your sense of gratitude to our former High Priest Nikken Shonin and our current High Priest Nichinyo Shonin, and inspires you to maintain your joy and determination that you made/showed/displayed during the Ceremony and Kick-off Meeting.

(Note: Kaimyo-in is the temple. Hokkeko is the title given to the believers - Hokkeko believers.)

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,188 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 06:07 pm
and inspires you to maintain your joy and the determination that you showed/displayed during the Ceremony and Kick-off Meeting.

either showed or displayed is acceptable. Displayed is pehaps a little more descriptive.

0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 06:14 pm
This time, we have published the a memorial photograph collection of our High Priest’s visit as a memento of the ceremony for the first anniversary of the establishment of the Kaimyo-in and the inauguration of the Hokkeko Kaimyo-in Chapter. I shall be very pleased if this book enables you to recall reminds you of your sense of gratitude to our former High Priest Nikken Shonin and our current High Priest Nichinyo Shonin, and inspires you to maintain your joy and the determination that you made/showed/displayed during the Ceremony and Kick-off Meeting.
Yoong Liat

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 10:46 am
@dadpad,
Thanks, Dadpad.
McTag

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 02:21 am
@Yoong Liat,

"Kick-off meeting" is to me a very slang expression and not one I would expect to see in a piece like that.
"Inaugural meeting" might be better.
tanguatlay

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 03:57 am
@McTag,
Thanks, Dadpad and McTag.
0 Replies