i neeeddd to lose weight... FAST !

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 06:53 am
im going on a cruise at the end of march which gives me about a month and a half to lose weight and i want to look good in a bikini for once in my life and if that one time is ever gonna happen its gonna happen on is cruise Smile. i am 13 years old and i weigh 126 pounds and i am 5ft 10inches tall. i want to lose 20 pounds. my boobs are also really small so im already gonna look like a loser in my baithing suit but theres not much i can do to make them bigger... and also arent they gonna shrink when my body does? x thanks to all that help Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,219 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 07:06 am
@calli morgan,
Calli- You are 5'10", 126 lbs. and want to lose 20 more? It sounds to me that you are underweight right now. At thirteen you might want to consider why, at your size, you feel that you need to lose weight. Talk to your parents about it.

If you want to look good in a bikini, you would probably be better off doing weight training exercises that will firm up your abs, thighs and arms. You may end up GAINING some weight, but muscle weighs more than fat.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 07:13 am
Calli, the only way to lose weight it to eat less and exercise more.

When I plugged in your information to the calculator below, it tells me your body burns about 1400 calories per day, plus whatever you do for exercise.

So, if you want to lose 1lb per week, you can do it by eating 1400 calories and exercising off 500 calories per day. Or you can eat 900 caloies and do zero exercise.

You are asking what it would take to lose 20lbs in 6 weeks, which breaks down to roughly 3.3lbs per week. To do that you'd basically have to starve yourself and/or exercise non stop. Probably not going to happen (sorry).

Check out this site for information on your diet. Lots of good information there. http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/diet.htm

By the way, you're 5'10 and weight only 126....I would think that would fit anyone's definition of 'looking good'. Don't worry about it too much, guys are easy to please. Just talk to them.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 07:31 am
@calli morgan,
Your proportions are fine for a 13 year old. Skip the losing weight part and start working out. Muscle tone looks really good and it'll help your body as it grows.

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 12:20 pm
@rosborne979,
Your body mass index (see: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/) is already underweight. Plus you're asking to lose weight faster than I am, and I lose weight like a house on fire. It's not going to happen.

However, there is nothing wrong with doing weight training. You can do chest exercises (here are some: http://www.shapefit.com/training-chest.html). They are not going to make you huge overnight or even ever, but they will help to firm up what you've got.

I recommend not just concentrating on one area, though. You can lift to concentrate on the biceps and triceps, too, and lunges for the quads. This will keep things more balanced and, well, I suspect what you really want to be is firm, e. g. not jiggly. Which is a much better goal than losing at a crazy rate when you don't even have to lose any weight at all.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 03:47 pm
5'10 ?

And 120 lbs?

Chick.... what you need is a hamburger.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 05:29 pm
Geez, I'm 5'2" and 130 so that must make me obese! Calli, you're fine, hon. Don't start on this treadmill about your weight - it'll cause you nothing but anxiety.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 05:39 pm
@calli morgan,
If you lose weight you are going to look like a refugee from Darfur. Many girls your age do not have a " bikini body". You have a couple of years to go before you know how your body will mature. For now just work on keeping your body in the best shape possible by building healthy muscle and eating a healthy diet that will support your growth. How you take care of your body now will effect you for the rest of your life. A nutrient rich diet will give you the best body inside and out.
0 Replies