Show gender or not ?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:15 pm
Chenrontom, do you think we should all treat the ladies nicer than the guys? I don't mean to challenge you on that, that would be your opinion, which you are welcome to.

On a2k we tend to be just as polite to men and just as tough to women, mostly.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:33 pm
I'm not afraid to disclose my gender. I'm all woman and damn proud of it (Excuse me, I have to spit some snuff) Ack, cough, wheeze... now... what was I saying? Oh yeah, I am woman... hear me roar! The thing is, it should be quite simple to figure out a person's gender (excuse me... damn bra strap!) by reading between the lines of their posts. I've dropped subtle hints over the months but people still haven't figured it out. Well, I guess I've said enough. I think I'll go powder my nose.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:44 pm
Your nose?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:48 pm
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I say nose? I meant my ass of course. Silly me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:49 pm
Really?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:50 pm
Really, Osso? You can't tell the difference in real life between the way men talk to men and the way we talk to women - and vice versa? It may not be apparant when you are involved, but watch for this in the future, even when there's no romantic interest.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 12:09 am
roger wrote:
Really, Osso? You can't tell the difference in real life between the way men talk to men and the way we talk to women - and vice versa? It may not be apparant when you are involved, but watch for this in the future, even when there's no romantic interest.
Sure I can, Roger. I have lived quite a bit of real life. A lot of subtext goes on between men and women face to face. Much of the time in memos, and much of the time online, you can tell by the words, the phrasing, who is a woman and who is a man, but not always, until the signature, unless you know them. And yes, if they know you are a woman, the phrasing directed to you may be different. What was the queston. are you thinking I don't hear this?

I see quite an effort to be courteous, or at least not completely deriding, here on a2k to both men and women from both men and women. And humor flows all around. And I see an effort to bridge all sorts of differences, all the time, from a lot of us. On the more confrontational forums, like politics - I see of course not that many women in the first place - but that some of the ones there are pretty good arguers, and that those who aren't do get various dumps re their posts. People are pretty nice to me when I venture an opinion, probably because they know it would take six days for me to formulate an answer.

I see - at least sometimes - the people others are caustic with as dishing it out themselves, and so there is some kind of caustic-jollies going on. Not all of those people are men.
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 11:22 am
Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote or comment, the results
speak for themselves, but of course the choice would have to be optional. Very Happy :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:27 pm
Hey, ladies. I think that we should welcome Irish back with a few well chosen songs:

(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman Lyrics

Artist(Band):Carole King

Looking out on the morning rain
I used to feel uninspired
And when I knew I had to face another day
Lord, it made me feel so tired
Before the day I met you, life was so unkind
But your love was the key to peace my mind

Cause you make me feel, you make me feel, you make me feel like
A natural woman

When my soul was in the lost-and-found
You came along to claim it
I didn't know just what was wrong with me
Till your kiss helped me name it
Now I'm no longer doubtful of what I'm living for
Cause if I make you happy I don't need no more

A natural woman

Oh, baby, what you've done to me
You make me feel so good inside
And I just want to be close to you
You make me fell so alive
A natural woman
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:39 pm
HEY, HEY, HEY!!! HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!

I was afraid you'd gone away for good, smokin'. It's so good to see you again. Please don't leave. It gets lonely here without you.

(((((((((HUG))))))))))
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 02:32 pm
Thanks Eva and Letty, Eva I wasn't completely away, just in person.
I was keeping in touch, and thanks for the warm welcome, that is the Irish coming out of you. :wink: Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 02:46 pm
Hey there SG. It's awesome to see you here :-D
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 02:48 pm
Thanks Montana, how are you? Thanks for the welcome. Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 04:12 pm
SG
I'm doing great, but even better now seeing your friendly face floating around here again. You've truly been missed SG ;-)

How are things on your end of the planet?

Welcome back :-D
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 05:34 pm
smokingunne wrote:
Thanks Eva and Letty, Eva I wasn't completely away, just in person.
I was keeping in touch, and thanks for the warm welcome, that is the Irish coming out of you. :wink: Very Happy

Cool (big grin!)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 07:23 pm
Welcome back, smokin'!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 10:54:28