How Long Will the Obama Honeymoon Last?

squinney

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 07:20 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

squinney wrote:

Is it still not obvious to you that WE were right? That Bush didn't deserve a honeymoon? That many of us picked up on his incompetence, divisiveness, hints of war mongering and lack of leadership WAAAAAY before others and we were correct?

It's a new day. Thank dog we survived to see it.

So your basic position is that liberals are objectively right, and conservatives objectively wrong, and, therefore, it is appropriate for you to treat our office holders badly and for us to treat yours well? This is a very immature, undemocratic, and unrealistic position. You may not have considerations given to you that you won't give to us. If you treat our people badly, then you have no right to ask us to treat yours well, on the grounds that you are objectively in the right.

In truth, I probably will not participate in giving Obama the horrific treatment you've given Bush, but that's because of my own personal standards, not because you deserve it. The truth is that you only deserve to get what you give.

Are you purposely forgetting the treatment Clinton received? Your memory seems seriously selective. I'm not gonna get into the who started it second grade level of conversation with you, however.

It's a new day!
Merry Andrew

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 07:34 pm
@squinney,
Squinney wrote:

Quote:
It's a new day!

Yeeee-HAW !!!
msolga

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 07:43 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Very Happy
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:10 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

squinney wrote:

Is it still not obvious to you that WE were right? That Bush didn't deserve a honeymoon? That many of us picked up on his incompetence, divisiveness, hints of war mongering and lack of leadership WAAAAAY before others and we were correct?

It's a new day. Thank dog we survived to see it.

So your basic position is that liberals are objectively right, and conservatives objectively wrong, and, therefore, it is appropriate for you to treat our office holders badly and for us to treat yours well? This is a very immature, undemocratic, and unrealistic position. You may not have considerations given to you that you won't give to us. If you treat our people badly, then you have no right to ask us to treat yours well, on the grounds that you are objectively in the right.

In truth, I probably will not participate in giving Obama the horrific treatment you've given Bush, but that's because of my own personal standards, not because you deserve it. The truth is that you only deserve to get what you give.

Are you purposely forgetting the treatment Clinton received? Your memory seems seriously selective. I'm not gonna get into the who started it second grade level of conversation with you, however.

It's a new day!

I'll make an effort to give him a chance.
0 Replies

BigTexN

Thu 5 Feb, 2009 10:32 am
@Zippo,
Okay, I'll call it...11:30am ET, February 5th 2009...honeymoon dead.

Two weeks...felt like 4 years....
maporsche

Thu 5 Feb, 2009 10:35 am
@BigTexN,
Laughing
0 Replies

BigTexN

Fri 6 Feb, 2009 09:13 am
@BigTexN,
And the best evidence that the honeymoon is over?

Quote:
Liberals may want to insist on the "Fairness Doctrine" as a business strategy, since liberal talk is barely moving the ratings needle. The Washington Post’s Howard Kurtz reported Monday that "President Obama may be riding high in Washington, but OBAMA 1260 is not. The area's only progressive talk station is changing formats, dropping such syndicated liberal hosts as Ed Schultz, Stephanie Miller and Bill Press in favor of financial news, starting next week."

Technically, Kurtz is wrong, excluding NPR affiliate WAMU (which airs a number of liberal talk shows and zero conservative ones) and radical Pacifica station WPFW. It would have been more accurate to say the area’s only commercial "progressive" talk station, the only one that doesn’t take our tax dollars. Kurtz continued:

Program Director Greg Tantum says he thought the station could work because of enthusiasm over Obama, but that ratings collapsed to a level that could not be measured after the election. But ratings nearly doubled, he says, at...conservative station, WTNT, which features Laura Ingraham and Bill Bennett. Tantum said he will move Schultz to WTNT to give him another shot.
BigTexN

Fri 6 Feb, 2009 01:24 pm
@BigTexN,
Mr. Krauthammer comes to the same conclusion:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/05/AR2009020502766_pf.html

Quote:
After Obama's miraculous 2008 presidential campaign, it was clear that at some point the magical mystery tour would have to end. The nation would rub its eyes and begin to emerge from its reverie. The hallucinatory Obama would give way to the mere mortal. The great ethical transformations promised would be seen as a fairy tale that all presidents tell -- and that this president told better than anyone.

I thought the awakening would take six months. It took two and a half weeks.

0 Replies