Obama Arriving...Or bush Leaving....Which Are You Celebrating Most?

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:14 pm
I think it's a fair question. For me it's more about bush leaving although Obama will have my full and complete support until he (hopefully not) does something to lose it.

nimh

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:17 pm
Obama arriving. I dont even really spend any thought on Bush anymore, which is nice. He disappeared off my radar a couple months ago.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:18 pm
I can't tell you how happy I am to see Bush go (finally). I suffered with him longer than most of you. He was my governor.

I am satisfied that Obama is a good choice. Given the state of the nation, I don't know that his actions can help that much. A recession of this magnitude feeds on itself. How do you stop a tsunami?
djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:18 pm
all of the above
Zippo

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:20 pm
"Which Are You Celebrating Most?"

No third option?

3) End of racism!
Sglass

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:20 pm
@djjd62,
Both are joyous events.
A joy to see Obama arrive
and a joy to see Bush depart.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I can't tell you how happy I am to see Bush go (finally). I suffered with him longer than most of you. He was my governor.

I am satisfied that Obama is a good choice. Given the state of the nation, I don't know that his actions can help that much. A recession of this magnitude feeds on itself. How do you stop a tsunami?

good response. damn good.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:36 pm
moving forward.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:39 pm

I'll celebrate a smooth transition of power and thank GW Bush for making it possible.
nimh

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:45 pm
@Zippo,
Zippo wrote:
3) End of racism!

Yeah, right...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:07 pm
@H2O MAN,
by being such a **** up that a democrat president was inevitable.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:20 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,

Laughing Moron!
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:25 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
This is one you'll want to frame, Bear. Before you deny it, increase the magnification on your browser page and look closer at the "pixels."

http://www.troubling.info/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bush_asshole_500.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:43 pm
@H2O MAN,
let's hear your explanation then....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:08 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bye bye psycho Bushy!!! Welcome Obama (don't let us down bud) Very Happy
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:30 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

Obama arriving. I dont even really spend any thought on Bush anymore, which is nice. He disappeared off my radar a couple months ago.

Same here. I'm watching the future guy. Bush is our past.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:52 pm
I had an overpowering, stagnant odor in my house a while back, not just the smell of my clothing, but something more powerful, a choking, clutching smell-of-death type thing. Finally, I could take the odor no longer and began an earnest search to discover the source of such a smell.

In my upper cupboard, just above the main cupboard where I keep my cereal and pop tarts, I discovered the remains of a possum. It was well into the decomposition process and a considerable sum of maggots spilled from the cupboard and fell onto my counter as I opened the door. The area around the possum's mouth had deteriorated to such a degree that the teeth were fully exposed revealing a death grin, almost as if the possum were mocking me for taking so long to discover his final resting place.

I scraped the maggots off the counter and watched the squirming larvae struggle until they became paste beneath my boot.

Then I extracted the possum from the cupboard, carried him outside, and tossed him into the pig pen where my pigs attacked the creature with such porcine gusto that within minutes nothing remained but small fragments of possum bone.

My house returned to its pleasant state of muted odors and I had pretty much forgotten the possum incident until discovery of this thread.

I liken the possum to the presidency of Bush -- stifling and uncomfortable for a period ot time, but once removed things return to normalcy and the unfortunate memory fades away.
JTT

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:27 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
The people of Iraq and Afghanistan are nowhere near as lucky as that, Gus.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 10:08 pm
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1xQeOPE9ePU/SXTHv127xaI/AAAAAAAADHw/e36-sp7dLNg/s400/bushurinal.jpg
0 Replies