is not having love or affection (physically) bad for you?

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 05:20 am
well umm anyways..

like 4 times in the past 3-4 months i have been just sitting thinking and ill realize just how lonely i am, and all of a sudden it feels like

ok here goes..

like my left arm is a forest and my heart ignites a fire that spreads all the way down to my fingers. and ill instantly want alcohol o weed or even a cigarette... i havent smoked for a long time now..

i think weed and alcohol are my 'armor'
when i pass out high or drunk i dont dream.

hopefully i dont have a heart problem, but today i did it again this morning, i was watching tv and you know scenes where a couple is kissing and stuff, it just hit me. i dont know if its love or sex, or maybe love and sex are the same thing and i havent accepted it yet? iono.. im not really even thinking about sex though, i am thinking about like cuddling and i keep having dreams of just holding a girl, she doesnt have a face but im just holding her. the thing about the dream is the smell, i always remember smelling her hair, well smelling her, just casually breathing in and its like a wave of happiness goes thru me. and thats when the pain started is when the dreams started..

im just wondering. i doubt i have a heart problem.

i mean how could a heart problem be triggered my thoughts?

its severe though. if you saw me you would think i was having a heart attack.

i hope its a phase or something, i dont think ill meet any girls soon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 766 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 06:00 am
Without dealing with every point you made, the short answer is YES, definitely. Humans are social creatures.
I'm answering from experience that is thankfully over now.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 07:18 am
Being without love or affection...or being without a partner...can certainly have a physical effect on you. Sometimes it can even be a positive effect…but most often it is physical and can have multiple manifestations.

Probably everyone here has felt isolation at one time or another.

Mostly, one gets through it…and I hope you do.

Not sure about your situation…but if you are not a shut in (disabled in some way or in prison) you really should spend as much time in places where personal contact can be made. Lots of friends can be a help…but a special, intimate person is almost an essential for most humans.
OGIONIK

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 07:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
i think no money is a big obstacle, i need to scrounge up a dollar and pay my library bill, maybe ill meet a girl with some personality.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 06:42 pm
There have seen studies that shows married men live longer than single ones.
sullyfish6

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 07:02 pm
"Not having someone to love" CAN be a huge void in one's life.
I remember when my first husbland and I broke up, it was not having someone in my life that actually made me have anxiety attacks. It was the fear of being alone.

So I had to get comfortable about that (being alone) .

Another thing was to enjoy the excitement of the POSSIBILITY of meeting someone new. That was both firghtening and exciting. Made every day worth getting up for!

Excitement can be anxiety producing - enough for panic attacks. Feelings of overwhelming loneliness can also produce anxiety. Don't numb these feelings out with drugs or alcohol.

0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:20 am
I read something interesting once regarding being lonely.

That feeling is caused by a chemical reaction to force us to find a mate to reproduce, since that's our job through evolution. And since we're thinking creatures, it snowballs into our emotions, we convince ourselves we need someone else to be happy.

So next time you start getting down because you don't have someone to fool around with, remind yourself about why you feel that way. Yea it's great to be in a good relationship, or have a booty call or three lined up, but for when it's a dry-spell, there's no need to let yourself feel lonely, and let those feelings snowball into something negative...not that I know what a dry-spell is, of course, haha.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 12:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
There have seen studies that shows married men live longer than single ones.

There have been other studies that show it just seems that way!
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:16 pm
@OGIONIK,
I think love and affection is very important in One's life. Just a hug from someone can do wonders when you are down and out. I think it makes a person feel better to know they have someone in their life who really loves them and cares about their feelings.
0 Replies