Obama named gun salesman of the year

roger

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 06:21 pm
@George,
Last gun bought was a Baretta .22 double action pocket sized pistol, , maybe 15 years ago.

Note that it was only legal at the time because it was made in the USA. Too small to import, if that makes any sense.

I'd make up a number and say it'ts about a 20% chance of being illegal to sell in two years.

Gotta keep in mind, though, neither Ms. Clinton nor McCain was noticeably gun friendly.

As to the gun buying spree, doesn't seem in any way racially motivated, and this is directed to BillRM, not George. After the assault weapon in the Clinton administration, and before it took effect, there was a definate upserge in "assault rifles" and high capacity magazines.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 07:08 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Assuming you mean buying one brand new from a dealer (not pre-ban guns or buying from a private party). Then, yeah, I'd throw a friendly $20 bet at ya.

Assuming you bought the Bushmaster from a dealer, yeah.
$20? You're on, Coach.
See you in two years.
BillRM

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:17 pm
@maporsche,
The only bright spot is that guns had always been a good investment.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:41 pm
@George,
Alright George, I google calendar'd this for 2 years from today Laughing
George

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:45 pm
@maporsche,
I just put a twenty in an envelope an put the envelope in my desk drawer.
I'm looking forward to doubling it.
maporsche

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 09:42 pm
@George,
From Obama/Biden's agenda at Change.gov
http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda/

The underlined portion at least proves that Obama/Biden have gun bans on the agenda. THIS is why gun sales are going up...not because Obama is black.

Quote:
Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

psst....the AR15 that is the subject of our bet was considered an 'assault weapon' during the Clinton years.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 10:23 pm
I'll say it again, there are functional and political definitions of what an "assault rifle" is supposed to be and the two are radically differrent. The little Henry 22WMR leveraction rifle comes very close to what I'd want for a real assault rifle and can be had all day long for around 325 USD at gunbroker or auctionarms.
maporsche

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:35 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Quote:
Assuming you mean buying one brand new from a dealer (not pre-ban guns or buying from a private party). Then, yeah, I'd throw a friendly $20 bet at ya.

$20? You're on, Coach.
See you in two years.

A little over halfway through on our bet George; so far you are winning. Really nothing from the administration thus far.

I'll be happy to lose this bet, and will celebrate by buying another assault rifle.
George

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:53 pm
@maporsche,
So how's the Bushmaster?
Been using it much?
maporsche

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 06:04 pm
@George,
George wrote:

So how's the Bushmaster?
Been using it much?

Not even once since that post. Been too busy to drive several hours out of town (I'm really hating Illnois) to get to a range; that and ammo is EXPENSIVE right now.

I'll get out this spring/summer though.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 07:10 pm
@gungasnake,
The pains of getting a class two license is far too must trouble but I would love to own a BAR.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 02:12 am
@BillRM,
Get onto gunbroker.com and do a search on "fnar".

If you're going to go to the trouble of obtaining a semiauto rifle you should at least try to come up with a modern one.
BillRM

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 02:36 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
obtaining a semiauto rifle you should at least try to come up with a modern one.

Number one a bar is not semi but fully auto and it is still one of the best rifles every created and is in effect is a light machine gun.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 07:49 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

George wrote:

Quote:
Assuming you mean buying one brand new from a dealer (not
pre-ban guns or buying from a private party). Then, yeah, I'd throw a
friendly $20 bet at ya.

$20? You're on, Coach.
See you in two years.

A little over halfway through on our bet George; so far you are winning.
Really nothing from the administration thus far.

I'll be happy to lose this bet, and will celebrate by buying another assault
rifle.

Well, here we are.
maporsche

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2023 03:41 am
@George,
Stumbled across this from a decade ago.

I used to be so in to guns.

Not any more. I’m 100% in favor of assault weapons bans. The last 10+ years of tragedy have completely shifted my heart. After Sandy Hook I destroyed all my guns (I only had 3).

Looking back, god I was a young idiot.
hightor

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2023 05:10 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
I used to be so in to guns.

It's understandable.

Quote:
After Sandy Hook I destroyed all my guns...

Commendable. I got rid of my pistol and sold my vintage 16 ga. L.C Smith but I still have three long guns. I should really be out in a tree stand this morning.
0 Replies