• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,661 • Replies: 6
No top replies

amliNagar

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 09:16 pm
@saddam,
Hello Friends,

A business (also known as enterprise or firm) is an organization engaged in the trade of goods, services, or both to consumers. Businesses are predominant in capitalist economies, where most of them are privately owned and administered to earn profit to increase the wealth of their owners. Businesses may also be not-for-profit or state-owned. A business owned by multiple individuals may be referred to as a company, although that term also has a more precise meaning.
Some people feel comfortable running their own businesses, some people just want to do what they want to do and figure the business will run itself, and others find themselves self-employed without having planned it.
To be self-employed - even in a small, home-run business - you need to understand business basics.
1. First and foremost, business is about money. You can be wonderful at what you do, but if you can't make money at it, you won't be able to pay your bills and you won't have a business
2. Always get everything in writing. Always discuss and confirm all financial agreements BEFORE you start work. Never assume your client knows how much your services or products cost - or what their value is. Keep full records for tax, legal and reference purposes.
3. If you can get things organized on computer, you will find handling your business will be much easier. There are many good financial software programs available that will help make you into a good business person.
4. Being a good business person also means being responsible and reliable. Don't try to impress anyone by offering more than you can deliver. Your reputation is dependent on being trustworthy, capable and organized.
5. Be realistic and honest. And if anything starts to get out of hand, be professional enough to communicate what is going on with your client. Making sure you are clear with your communications and your client's wishes are clear to you are vital to being a good business person.
6. In summary, get yourself and your business organized financially and operationally, and make sure communications are clear and written. These are the critical basics to being a good business person.

Thanks and Regards
amli Nagar
0 Replies

Romen esko

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 11:32 pm
@saddam,
Hello Friends,

Running your own business gives you the freedom to be your own boss and work from home. It also allows you to choose your work hours and practices. Starting a small business and making it a success requires hard work, focus and commitment. It is best to start out small to test the water. That way, you can get a taste for being your own boss and test whether your business idea looks like it will be a success.
When starting a business there are many things to think about, such as the type of business, competition and business viability. You will need to do some market research to find out if there is demand for the products or services you intend to supply. Market research involves finding answers to questions like:
1. Is there a market for my product?
2. Am I going to be able to get into this market or are there already too many other players?
3. Who are my competitors? What do they do and what can I do better or differently?
4. What does my target market think of my product or services?
5. How much will they pay for it?
6. What is the best way to promote my product or service?

Thanks and Regards,
Romen Esko
0 Replies

KnivesSwitchblade

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 10:16 pm
@saddam,
Hello Members,

Ten Tips for Making Your Business More Efficient:

1. Give employees secure, consistent access to information.
2. Deliver anytime, anywhere access to employees on the go.
3. Create effective business processes with partners.
4. Make it easy to work together.
5. Enable employees to take their phone systems wherever they go.
6. Streamline customer communications.
7. Reduce unproductive travel time.
8. Employ a managed service provider.
9. Improve employee satisfaction.
10.Develop a long-term technology plan

Thanks and Regards,
Knives Switchblade
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 04:59 am
@KnivesSwitchblade,

... you forgot the most important thing --

11. give each employee knives and a switchblade during orientation
mendiaz

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 09:59 pm
@KnivesSwitchblade,
Nice tips. Indeed good environment for working effects business a lot. In the professional diplomas these things are taught very well. This the main purpose of that kind of education. I like your post as you summarized some very useful tips. Will look for more buddy.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 09:15 am
@Region Philbis,
Wa'chu talkin about? They don't have the tools of the trade, they don't gonna get hired anyway.
0 Replies