dirrtydozen22

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:34 pm
@Fountofwisdom,
maybe not harassed per se, but i did say horrible things to her.
Montana

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:37 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
That makes it even worse and gave your boss all the more reason to let you go.

Have you looked into seeing someone yet?
Fountofwisdom

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:54 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
You can see where you are going wrong. Thats a good first step. Now change for the better. We'll be cheering you on. Being an a---hole is not sackable, but certainly not a good thing to be. You have to understand words can wound: and the things you do affect others.
You come across as honest: that counts for something. I just hope you can change.
I used to be a postman. Basically all you have to do is get up at the same time each day and move things from A to B without stealing them.
The thing is around three quarters of the people couldnt do it. It is very hard to be unemployable.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 06:22 am
@Montana,
yes, i'm seeing someone. in addition, i'm seeking a diagnosis called IED (intermittent explosive disorder.) hopefully that label will result in more effective treatment.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 07:46 am
@dirrtydozen22,
Yes, you deserved to be fired. I think that your management was being generous by saying that you could reapply in 90 days. If I had been the manager, I would not want you working for me ever again.

I am gratified that you seem to understand that there is a problem. You are entitled to be angry sometimes, but being angry, and acting out on the anger, are two different things.

One thing that you might want to do is to think about the times that you exploded, and the circumstances that caused the explosion. Try to discover your "buttons". Then think of ways to diffuse the anger.

You might want to count to ten (to yourself) before you say anything. Sometimes, doing something physical (a brisk walk, shooting hoops, etc.) can relieve the physical pressure that sets the scene for your outbursts.

I believe that each person has different threshholds for toleration of frustration. Some of it may be innate, some learned. Whatever it is, there is a level of civility that must be maintained in order to succeed in this life.

It is great that you are attempting to control your outbursts. IMO getting a diagnosis is absolutely besides the point. Although getting professional help can be positive, it is you who need to take responsibility for your actions. The quality of the rest of your life depends on it. Good luck!
0 Replies

Fountofwisdom

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 01:13 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
I think you deserve another chance if you go through the treatment. People who recover from bad places understand better what its like to live there: And tend to be better for it.
I believe people can change for the better. Fool that I am. I wish you luck.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 05:05 pm
Just a little afterthought regarding all my topics. At first, I got a mediocre 90 day eval and was told how to step up and that I would be re-evaluated in 60 days. Anyway, I made the effort to step up w/ good results. Everyone in softlines who said anything at all said I was doing alot better, even the asst. mgr. over us. That's the sad part because right b4 I was to be re-evaluated, she watched me get canned and kinda felt smug about it, like my "doing better" wasn't gonna last. The way she acted, she might as well be the one canning me.

The job I had b4 that one, I lasted a year and the only reason I didn't get fired from that one was cuz I didn't work as many hours, giving me less opportunity to fly off the handle. However, I did have an arguement w/ a coworker there as well and he threatened to tell mgmt, but didn't. I spent half my time there either being annoyed or painstakingly suppressing my anger. That job was about as stressful as the job I had after that and the store manager wanted everything done b4 I leave. Tnx God, the asst. mgr. in softlines at my 2nd job didn't make such requirement as long as I work hard, which I did. B4 I left each night, I got at least 90% of everything done if they don't call me up to door greet. I helped out in other depts sometimes as well.

It's not really a matter of stress. No matter how much stressful the job is, if I get my hours cut, I'd be okay. Less chance to get pissed. Give me enough hours, something will trigger me along the way. Same thing applied to school, friends, and relationships. The only friends who still talks to me after a few months r the ones who I don't see often. Less chance to go off on them. The less time I spend on campus, the less i'm likely to blow up. Basically, if I were more confined and less out there, then I'd be okay. But if I were to have a life, I should be more out there and less confined, which is the reason to change. Still awaiting my appt next Friday lol.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 05:43 pm
Hey everyone, good news! The guy who canned me from Wal-Mart just got canned as well over a month ago. Karma! His gf is supporting him. LOLz
0 Replies