The press does it again

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:46 am
@H2O MAN,
Well...you are a conservative...and it shows!
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:49 am
@Frank Apisa,

Well... you're incorrect... would you care to guess again?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Re H2O Man:
Well...you are a conservative...and it shows!

H2O is right. He is not a conservative as I define conservative.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
your sentence “It's always a great day when liberal loons try and sound superior” is a hoot

Nothing grammatically wrong here either, Frank. It's simply a question of register.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:05 pm
JTT...you are wrong on both counts.
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Actually, I'm not Frank. I'm afraid it's you who is mistaken but, admittedly, these two old canards do have a long history.

If you could illustrate how they are ungrammatical, that would help.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:05 pm
@JTT,
Look…I am trying real hard to handle H2O in a reasonable manner. He started this name calling…with emphasis on my being stupid. I am making every attempt to keep my responses moderate…teasing and provoking…but holding back on the name-calling.

I suspect he is just a kid…and I’m not looking for overkill here; don’t want this to be Mike Tyson stomping on a girl scout. I want to keep my responses proportional. But whether he is a kid or not (or even if he is not a “he”)…the fact remains that he has been slinging insults at me and disparaging my intelligence…and he has been doing so in posts filled with the kind of grammar only ignorant people use. If you want to attribute that or excuse it via “register”…I guess that is your right.

But it seems to me that we are getting to the point where ignorant grammatical mistakes are all excused on the basis of Register…and in light of what has been happening between H2O (his charges)…that excuse is inappropriate here. A more reasoned characterization of them is that they are ignorant grammatical errors"made by a person who is an intellectual lightweight.

If you absolutely have to carry this further, go for it. But the only way I can address what you are raising is to do more of what I am trying very hard not to do.

What say???
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Look…I am trying real hard to handle H2O in a reasonable manner.

I beg to differ... I disagreed with what Frank had posted and it was Frank that
responded with childish, snide remarks. I responded in kind and he took offense.

Frank, your childish behavior continues with your false assertion that I started this game -
you really need to simmer down because you are making a childish spectacle of yourself
and you are dragging all of A2K down into the gutter with you. Bow out now and I'll let you go in peace.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

But whether he is a kid or not (or even if he is not a “he”)…the fact remains that he has been slinging insults at me and disparaging my intelligence…and he has been doing so in posts filled with the kind of grammar only ignorant people use.

Only a coward would make that type of statement.

Frank desperately wishes to be the victim and he wants all of you to join him in his misery.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, don't take it personally, that's the nature of his beast. Do what almost every one of us has done in regard to H20Man. Make use of the ignore user button. If you don't yet know how to use it, just click on the person's name in the heading of their post to access their profile. You'll find an Ignore User button there. Click it and their posts go poof!

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:49 pm
@Butrflynet,
Poof!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O wrote:
Quote:
“I beg to differ... I disagreed with what Frank had posted and it was Frank that
responded with childish, snide remarks. I responded in kind and he took offenseFrank, your childish behavior continues with your false assertion that I started this game -
you really need to simmer down because you are making a childish spectacle of yourself
and you are dragging all of A2K down into the gutter with you. Bow out now and I'll let you go in peace..

You have got to be joking!.

First of all…it is not difficult to determine who started the name-calling. Go back one page and see. YOU started it…and my responses were all measured and kidding in nature.

YOU were the one losing it…and moving further and further into anger.

YOU will let me go in peace! Don’t flatter youself. You pose as much intellectual danger to me as a clam!

And you used "that" incorrectly in your first sentence, H2O. It should have been "who."
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:11 pm
@H2O MAN,
No misery in me, kid. I am enjoying life...and I am enjoying this give and take.

You, on the other hand, do not sound like you are enjoying it at all.

Sorry! But that's what you get for arguing out of your class!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:13 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks, Butrflynet.

I'm not taking it personally...and I'm not even taking it very serious.

This is someone out of control...and I'll leave him be in a while and let him lick his wounds.

Sounds as though you've had some interaction with him. Bit of a child, isn't he?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
H2O MAN wrote:
Bow out now and I'll let you go in peace.

Frank Apisa wrote:

This is someone out of control...and I'll leave him be in a while and let him lick his wounds.

Sounds as though you've had some interaction with him. Bit of a child, isn't he?

So much for manning up to your mistakes... you are in over your head here.

Frank, you really need to take some time and reflect upon your recent actions.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
Grow up...or go back to the playground and battle with the kids.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Do you even know what the topic of this thread is?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:42 pm
@H2O MAN,
Yes.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think that you handle and have handled h2oman effectively, Frank. And I personally think that the ignore button is a chickenshit way to handle anyone, no offence intended to anyone.

Why would anyone want to put him on ignore and miss out on the opportunity to witness such monumental stupidity? It's important to know and be reminded that such is about.

h2oman, while low on the intellect scale is like every fool, he intuitively knows his language. Those two issues you raised are simply silly old wives tales. They never were grammar rules, they were prescriptions ... there's a huge difference.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You pose as much intellectual danger to me as a clam!

You flatter him, Frank.