Israel Shells U.N. Building in Gaza and Media Center -- Charged With Using White Phosphorus

hightor

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2024 08:55 am
Netanyahu and Hamas: Two Birds of a Feather

Shadia Drury wrote:
The grotesque Hamas attack of October 7, 2023, on Israeli civilians was totally unjustified. This is not the same as saying that it was unprovoked. Gaza has been under siege for sixteen years with no end in sight. Benjamin Netanyahu’s reaction to the Hamas attacks was predictable. Israel has bombed Gaza in 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2021, and 2023. Netanyahu has publicly stated that it is necessary to “mow the grass in Gaza” every few years. It is simply madness to keep Gaza under siege indefinitely. One does not have to be a political genius to realize that the pressure-cooker was bound to explode.

According to Ehud Barak, the former Prime Minister of Israel, who was interviewed by Nicholas Kristof (New York Times, October 28, 2023), Netanyahu has approved the transfer of over one billion dollars from Israel and Qatar to support Hamas—pay for salaries, energy costs, and a lavish lifestyle for the leadership. Clearly, some of the money has found its way to Hamas’s military wing—with devastating results. So, what was Netanyahu thinking? According to Barak, Netanyahu’s goal was to keep Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank divided. The Palestinian authority in the West Bank is unpopular, corrupt, and operates merely as a subcontractor to the Israeli government to keep militants in check. In contrast, Hamas is engaged in a “holy war” against the Israeli regime. Therefore, Netanyahu could legitimately say that he has no partner for peace. This is why the existence of Hamas was critical for Netanyahu’s gambit. Clearly, Netanyahu’s plan has backfired. Now he is on a mad quest to destroy the monster he created.

As the government of Gaza, Hamas had a responsibility for the safety of its people. But Hamas militants would rather die fighting the “mighty Israel” than submit to life under occupation. For them, becoming a shaheed is the only route to honor and self-respect. Properly understood, a shaheed is a martyr honored by God in heaven for fighting in a just cause. Strictly speaking, a terrorist is not a shaheed. Unfortunately, this cult of martyrdom has been hijacked so that any attack on Israel is deemed legitimate.

Hamas and its affiliates are anathema to the secular societies in the region: Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and most of Lebanon, except for the Palestinian exiles who support Hezbollah. Inspired by the Muslim Brotherhood and supported by Iran, Hamas rejects the very existence of the Zionist state. Instead, it dreams of creating an exclusively Muslim state in the historic land of Palestine. Muslim scholars should cry out against this aberration as unworthy of Islam. When Muslims ruled the Holy Land, Jews, Christians, and Muslims lived together in peace—until the Christian Crusaders descended on Jerusalem and brutally massacred Jews and Muslims and then bragged about wading in blood up to their knees. Before the creation of Israel, Palestine was populated by Jews, Muslims, and Christians. An exclusively Muslim state would be as much of an aberration as an exclusively Jewish one.

In the past few years, Netanyahu could not get enough votes to create a governing coalition without allying himself with radical Zionist parties who are not shy about saying publicly that they intend to ethnically cleanse the Promised Land from all non-Jews, including the Arab citizens of Israel. Netanyahu’s minister of national security, Itamar Ben-Gvir, is famous for his admiration of the Jewish terrorist Baruch Goldstein, who opened fire on Muslim worshippers in 1994 at the Tomb of the Patriarchs in Hebron. An Israeli court convicted him for supporting a terrorist organization. Since his assent to power, Ben-Gvir has tried to clean up his image, without much success. Radical religious parties have always loved Netanyahu, not because he believes in God—he is the Donald Trump of Israel—but because they trust him to keep the “peace process” from interfering with God’s Zionist plans.

Netanyahu has shown little concern for the hostages. My suspicion is that what aroused his “mighty vengeance” is not the scale of the attack against civilians but the fact that Hamas militants managed to overwhelm an Israeli military base in southern Israel, not far from the music festival. That was a legitimate military assault against an occupying force. This aspect of the operation is not much discussed in the media. How could a ragtag militia manage to defeat armed Israeli soldiers and take thirty of them hostage?

I do not doubt that Netanyahu experienced the humiliation of the Israeli military as a personal disgrace. After all, he built his brand on being the tough guy who could keep Israel strong and safe. What happened on October 7 is the worst thing that has happened to Israelis since the Holocaust and the worst thing that has happened to the Israeli army since the war of October 1973 when Israel was caught off guard by the combined military attack of Egypt and Syria.

A wise leader would have realized that punishing all of Gaza for the crimes of Hamas would make Israel a pariah among nations. A perceptive leader would have admitted that the unqualified support of the Western powers underscores the view of Israel as the last gasp of European colonialism. A discerning leader would have anticipated that Egypt would refuse to be complicit in a second nakba. Most important of all, a decent leader would have put his personal humiliation aside and made the fate of the hostages a priority. He would have negotiated the release of the hostages in exchange for the hundreds of Palestinians who have been in Israeli prisons for years without trial or charge. The Western press refers to them euphemistically as “security detainees.” According to Amnesty International, many of Israel’s Palestinian prisoners, which include teenagers, are subjected to inhuman and degrading treatment and torture. Netanyahu should have released those with no blood on their hands in exchange for the hostages.

Instead, Netanyahu declared that it was beneath his dignity to bargain with Hamas. He refused to swallow his pride; he refused to give priority to the fate of the hostages. For him, the most important thing was restoring his personal reputation by doing something manly and heroic. I suspect that his heart’s desire is to rescue the hostages in a dramatic military operation, while destroying Hamas as a military force. Even if he succeeds, it will not be the redemption he longs for. The hostages might not survive the rescue. A military victory against Gaza is akin to shooting fish in a barrel—it can be neither manly nor heroic. Israel will suffer many casualties of valuable military men who will be fighting against fanatics with nothing to lose. Israel has already sustained casualties that it is desperately keeping secret. When it is over, Hamas will have plenty of new recruits.

As political leaders, Netanyahu and Hamas are birds of a feather—they are colossal failures. They must be disqualified as part of a future effort to make peace. The latter is not hopeless. Brilliant people, such as the Israeli American scholar Omer Bartov, have practical ideas on how to solve this intractable problem: a one-state solution that will allow Israelis and Palestinians to live together peacefully in one country with two Parliaments. In my view, this cannot be done without the exclusion of extremists on both sides and the disqualification of the United States as a failed mediator. source
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2024 09:36 am
It is true that Israel's prime minister is a religious nut with not the common sense to refrain from voicing his Amalekite fixation.

It is also true that Israel's president has made no secret of his intentions.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

“It is an entire nation out there that is responsible,” Herzog said at a press conference on Friday. “It is not true this rhetoric about civilians not being aware, not involved. It’s absolutely not true. They could have risen up. They could have fought against that evil regime which took over Gaza in a coup d’etat.

“Human animals must be treated as such,”

. . .

There will be no electricity and no water [in Gaza], there will only be destruction. You wanted hell, you will get hell.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sounds so much like genocidal intentions, does it not?
hightor

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2024 09:44 am
@Glennn,
No, it doesn't.
Glennn

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2024 09:50 am
@hightor,
Hmm.

What do you make of nutanyahu's Amalekite fixation? You think that reflects the thinking of a man whose mind is rooted in reality?

And you must have an opinion concerning Herzog's "no one is innocent." battle cry . . .

Do you think any of that has anything to do with the fact that it appears to be open season on Gazans?

Should we wait 'til it's all over, and then conduct an investigation to find out what happened? Or, do we take Israeli officials at their word, and stop them from doing this to innocent human beings?

It's war crimes . . .
The Anointed

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2024 11:45 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Should we wait 'til it's all over, and then conduct an investigation to find out what happened? Or, do we take Israeli officials at their word, and stop them from doing this to innocent human beings?
It's war crimes . . .

INNOCENT? These are the same people who were dancing in the streets on the morning after the Twin Towers were destroyed, when 2,996 innocent people in America were murdered.

This war could have been stopped within weeks of the brutal and totally unjustified attack on the innocent Israeli civilians, all Hamas had to do was release the prisoners that they had taken captive, although there would have still been those who would have to pay for the life's blood of the innocent people that they shed in that attack.
Glennn

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 07:59 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
INNOCENT?

Yeah, INNOCENT!

The women, children, and babies of Gaza are innocent human beings who are are being genocided. Don't listen to rabid, racist people like the president of Israel.

He said:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It’s an entire nation out there that is responsible. This rhetoric about civilians not aware, not involved, it’s absolutely
not true. They could’ve risen up, they could have fought against that evil regime
.”
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So this nut has declared open season on all Gazans.

And how about the religious nutter, nunanyahu?

He said:

"We are the people of the light, they are the people of darkness... we shall realize the prophecy of Isaiah."

You don't give homicidal religious nuts anything that would help make their sick dreams come true. But that's exactly what the U.S. did. joe wants to help them realize their dreams, even if his dreams are the nightmares of children, which they most definitely are!
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 09:13 am
And here's the heartfelt sentiment of another member of the bible-thumping Israeli genocide crew. He's a member of the Israeli Knesset. His name is Galit Distel Atbaryan

"Erase all of Gaza from the face of the earth. That the Gazan monsters will fly to the southern fence & try to enter Egyptian territory or they will die & their death will be evil. Gaza should be erased! Hate the enemy. Hate the monsters. Any vestige of internal bickering is a maddeningly stupid waste of energy. Invest this energy in one thing; Erasing all of Gaza from
the face of the earth.
That the Gazan monsters will fly to the southern fence and try to enter Egyptian territory. Or they will die and their death will be evil. Gaza should be erased.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 09:32 am
@Glennn,
Galit Distel Atbaryan is female.

Gila Gamliel and Amichai Eliyahu made similar remarks.
Quote:
I am not arguing that Gamliel, Distel-Atbaryan and Eliyahu have any influence over operational decisions, but to the global media they represent official Israel. Anyone who wants to interpret Israel’s actions in Gaza as a genocide that will end in ethnic cleansing can do so using quotes by these three freeloaders.
Haaretz
Glennn

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 09:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Galit Distel Atbaryan is female.

OH NO! That changes everything, doesn't it?

Is your point that Israel is not committing genocide against the innocent human beings in Gaza?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 10:12 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
OH NO! That changes everything, doesn't it?

Is your point that Israel is not committing genocide against the innocent human beings in Gaza?
I'm sorry that I've confused you and that you can't recognise "my point".

But she (sic!) already had this gender since birth. I just and only tried to correct you, but obviously failed doing so.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 10:18 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
His name is Galit Distel Atbaryan

Another lie. You've got no credibility. You're just a propagandist. And not a very effective one at that.
Glennn

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 10:25 am
@hightor,
Is your point that Israel is not committing genocide against the innocent human beings in Gaza, and that the people I'm quoting didn't say what they've said?

What's up?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 10:52 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
Is your point that Israel is not committing genocide against the innocent human beings in Gaza, and that the people I'm quoting didn't say what they've said?

What's up?

Please do read what hightor wrote:
Quote:
His name is Galit Distel Atbaryan

Another lie.
Glennn

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 11:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
This is funny. You've been reduced to characterizing my lack of familiarity with Israeli gender names as a reason to not believe that Israel is committing genocide against Gazans. What's up with that?

I don't know what to make of someone who feels the need to steer discussion away from the genocide taking place right now by focusing on mistaken gender name. What would you make of someone like that?

What do you make of nutanyahu's comparison of Gazans to Amalekites? Pretty sane, huh?

Seriously, how sane is that?

And the president of Israel's battle cry that none are innocent? Pretty sane thinking there, too!

And there are lots more Israeli officials who couldn't help themselves when they talked war crimes and genocide as their objectives. If you need, I can post enough of them to prove conclusively that it's a systemic problem having to do with religious nuts expressing racist hate.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 11:34 am
@hightor,
I asked you once before whether or not you recognize what the Israelis are doing to the Gazans; specifically, whether or not you recognize Israeli activity in Gaza as genocide.

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck . . .
hightor

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 12:13 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
I asked you once before whether or not you recognize what the Israelis are doing to the Gazans...

Are you sure it was just once?
Quote:
If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck . . .

Let me guess – is it someone dressed in a duck costume? Maybe a high tech decoy? Some sort of AI-generated hologram? What are you getting at?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 12:49 pm
@hightor,
https://i.imgur.com/g3qmnS2l.png
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 04:22 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Are you sure it was just once?

How many times doesn't matter. You must think that acknowledging the genocide might hurt somebody's feelings. Fair enough. We all have our loyalties.
Quote:
Let me guess – is it someone dressed in a duck costume?

Oh, I'm sorry, you must have missed my meaning. When I said: If it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck . . ., I was making reference to Israel's current genocide against the people of Gaza. What I meant was that if Israel walks like a war criminal, talks like a war criminal, and then smites innocent humans to death like a war criminal, then they're war criminals. See, not so complicated.

Here's another sample of deadly duck talk:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let it be clear, when they say that Hamas has to be eliminated, it also means those who celebrate, those who support, and those who give away candy, all of these are terrorists. And they also need to be eliminated!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

That was from Itamar Ben Gvir, Minister of National Security
Glennn

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 04:44 pm
Here's another deadly quacker:

Political writer/reporter for Israel Hayoum said:

There are no innocents in Gaza.
There are no ordinary citizens in Gaza.
Every adult trained to kill.
Every woman is a monster.
Every boy aspires to be a martyr
Every baby will grow up to be a terrorist.
wipe out, kill, destroy, destroy
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the narrative coming from Israeli media.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 08:59 pm
@Glennn,
No Glen, the courts have not ruled that Israel is committing genocide.
But here is what we can look forward to in the near future according to scripture.

Zechariah 14: The Lord will gather all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses Looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he has fought in times Past. (This has not yet happened)

Numbers 24: 17, "A king, like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth. He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property. While Israel continues victorious. The Nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors."

Zechariah 12: 10; "They will look upon me and see the one who they pierced, and they shall mourn for him as one mourns for an only child etc."
To see the man Jesus, who they pierced, is to see the Lord who come to fight for his children.

Isiah 63;: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?" . . . . . The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14. The Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and from within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle (The kingdom of God is within you) which temporary tabernacle is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

The African tectonic plate in its northern migration, grinds against the Arabian plate in a line that runs up through the Red Sea and along the Jordon valley beneath the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14: 3-4; Then the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past. At that time, he will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move to the northwest, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move to the southeast.

Could the violent activity around the earth at this time, be the trigger that will cause the super volcano beneath Yellowstone to erupt, enveloping the planet in a cloud of debris? And that day shall be neither day nor night, but a perpetual twilight.

Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Then all the godless people of this world, and all those, who in their Synagogues, Mosques, and Cathedrals of stone, marble, or crystal, who prostate themselves on the floors or who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, will bow down and worship THE God of the Bible, the Most High in the creation, ‘The Son of Man’ who evolves from the body of mankind.

Knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand years Sabbath, when heavenly fire incinerates the surface of this planet earth, it is in that thousand years of peace, with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute to the King and High priest, that all our resources will be used to prepare for the ultimate destruction of all physical life forms that remain on this planet.

The fact that you don't believe the words of the Lord Glen, will not stop all of this from occurring.