Out of the Workforce Again

hamburger

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 03:34 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
There might be money in pet sitting, but all the shelters I know are always begging for money.

You have a good heart for animals AM, what about getting training as vet tech? You would be helping animals and getting a regular paycheck.

most animal shelters are always short of money - mostly volunteers running them .
municipal pounds have some employees - don't think that's what AM had in mind .
vet tech's are in short supply in many places - might change as the economy cools off , though - unless it's a job in palm beach .

(have written about this before)
in buenos aires dog walkers are well-paid - about the same as highschool teachers - you have to pass an examination and get a license .
don't know if there are any cat walkers in B.A. - a very beautiful city btw.
hbg

paseadore de perror

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/1373809-Dog_walkers_Paseadores_de_perros-Buenos_Aires.jpg

0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:10 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth,

I am sorry I missed your reply. I am also sorry you lost your job. Seems like none of us are very safe right now. I talked to Brenda today. She is still a bit depressed. Thankfully, she did get a severance package because she had been with the company so long. It is really hard hearing her sound so down. She was always so upbeat and a really bubbly person. I have to go into Monroe to the Unemployment Office this week to sign up for job hunts so she and I are going to meet for lunch.
Lambchop

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:37 pm
@Arella Mae,
I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss, Arella. There are so many people in the same boat with you now.

Speaking of being an animal lover, I volunteer for the SPCA. Fortunately, there hasn't been much of a spike in people giving up their pets, but there have been a few sad stories.

One woman came to our shelter recently to surrender her dog. She'd lost her job and her home. She was living out of her car, and didn't think her dog deserved to live like that. The dog has since been adopted, so at least, there was a happy ending for him.

Too bad adults can't get adopted too! Times are really hard.

But I'm feeling hopeful today. I know our new president can't solve all the problems, and especially overnight, but I hope that things will get better soon.

Best wishes to you, and I hope you find something soon!

0 Replies