Gasp! I just bought my daughter her first abercrombie

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:01 pm
Yep, I bent. My 10 year old now has her own sweater, tshirt and sweatshirt with the dreaded logic. She did look so darn cute in it too! So go ahead and slam me for shopping at such a horrible store!

(honestly I detest the store - I caught them spraying cologne on the clothes in the front - the damn store gives me a headache)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,461 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:37 pm
@Linkat,
What's an abercrombie?

I'm a neophyte when it comes to designer names, fashion fads and shopping.
Green Witch

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:47 pm
@Linkat,
It's important to fit in when your that age. If she stills needs designer names to feel complete when she's 40, then it might be a problem.

(I think I bought my first pair of Sasson jeans at that age.)
Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:51 pm
@Butrflynet,
http://www.abercrombiekids.com/kids/onlinestore/collection/14777_03_900_x.jpg

http://www.abercrombiekids.com/kids/onlinestore/collection/14466_07_900_x.jpg

http://www.abercrombiekids.com/kids/onlinestore/collection/14443_07_900_x.jpg

That's what we bought
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:52 pm
@Green Witch,
She did look cute in them and they fit her well - she is a tough fit because she is so thin - their products are made tighter which actually works for her because she is thin.

She felt like a hotshot in them.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:18 pm
Tall thin girls have huge problems finding clothes....my cousin is 6ft and a size 2. Abercrombie and Hollister fit her very well. Unfortunatly, they cost near a years wages and your soul but hey...LOL

Kidding. If she has a few pieces, so be it. What I can't stand is those parents who bend to everything. Every little piece of clothes has to be designer. You are a good mom and have proved it over and over again.

Buying your girl some abercrombie doesn't change that.
Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:27 pm
@Bella Dea,
Thanks! Also, they were marked down quite a bit. I already told dad that we need to let her know she is not getting these clothes on a regular basis - only when there is a good sale.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 03:01 pm
Or if she can get into STanford, then youll spring for whatever name she wishes to have on her clothes.
( I hope she will want to have STANFORD on her Hoodie)
Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 04:32 pm
@farmerman,
She actually told me she wanted to go to Harvard this past weekend.
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 05:13 pm
@Linkat,
I suppose , as a second choice Hahvad is OK.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:37 am
Quote:
she is a tough fit because she is so thin -

Well, feed her!! Christ - I have three girls 12 years down to 7. They eat like it is going to be banned - potato products and icecream are apparently on the hit list. ****, they would willingly forgo brand name clothes for brand-name num-nums....
Linkat

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:47 pm
@Mr Stillwater,
She certainly does eat - quite a bit - she is just thin naturally. I was like that when I was young too. And I would eat 3 huge servings of spaghetti and meatballs (my fav at that age).
0 Replies