Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

oralloy

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 09:04 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Well done.

Yes. Another outstanding case of anti-Semitism.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 09:55 pm
@izzythepush,
The UN finally gets to pass a resolution on the Israeli settlements by the US abstention. What took them so long? Don't they understand right from wrong? What if somebody without legal authority took over their property?
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/passes-resolution-israeli-settlements-161223192709807.html
oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 12:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
The UN finally gets to pass a resolution on the Israeli settlements by the US abstention.

Obama's support of anti-Semitism will forever be his shame.

cicerone imposter wrote:
What took them so long?

Normally the US blocks anti-Semitism.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Don't they understand right from wrong?

No. Thus the anti-Semitic resolution in question.

cicerone imposter wrote:
What if somebody without legal authority took over their property?

Oooh. Tell us all about the imaginary crimes that the Jews are committing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 05:22 am

Palestine files complaint against Israel under anti-racism treaty
Quote:
Exclusive: complaint claims Israel maintains ‘system of discriminatory measures’

Palestinian diplomats in Geneva have filed a complaint against Israel for what they say are breaches of its obligations under a UN anti-racism treaty, triggering what may be a lengthy and high-profile investigation.

The complaint, handed in by the Palestinian ambassador to the UN, Ibrahim Khraishi, to the body that monitors the implementation of the UN convention, accuses Israel of policies and practices that have “the common aim of displacing and replacing the Palestinian people, for the purpose of maintaining a colonial occupation”.

Violations in the occupied territories, which the complaint defined as the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem, sought to maintain “a Jewish demographic majority in the entirety of historic Palestine”, claims the 350-page document, of which the Guardian has seen a summary.

“Not only is the purpose of the settlement regime discriminatory in itself, it is further maintained by a system of discriminatory measures, severely depriving Palestinians of their fundamental rights,” it adds.

Israel ratified the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination in 1979 and, Palestine, which gained UN observer state status five years ago, signed in 2014. The submission is believed to be the first interstate complaint filed under the treaty.

The convention is monitored by the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, a body of 18 independent experts that is now tasked with assessing the complaint.

Although the committee has no enforcement mechanisms, Israel will now be required to submit written explanations within three months, including any remedies it has taken. The committee could then move to investigate the claims.

“It does not reach the level of a court order,” said Ammar Hijazi, from the Palestinian ministry of foreign affairs. But he said a finding that Israel had breached the treaty would oblige other signatories to the convention, which include the US, to “ensure that such practices are not continued”.

The complaint claims Palestinians are severely limited in their freedom of movement compared to Israeli settlers and are subject to “confiscation and seizure” of their land, including home demolitions.

It says Israel violates the right to equal treatment before tribunals by using separate legal systems for Palestinians and settlers, and points to higher maximum sentences for Palestinian defendants.

It claims Israel has violated article 3 of the convention, which prohibits racial segregation and apartheid. “It is clear that Israel’s acts are part of a widespread and oppressive regime that is institutionalised and systematic; that accords separate and unequal treatment to Palestinians,” the summary says, calling for the dismantling of all existing Israeli settlements.

The Guardian has contacted Israel’s ministry of foreign affairs for comment.

All countries are required to submit regular reports to the committee on how rights are being upheld. Israel’s most recent report, presented in 2017, said it condemned all forms of racism and “maintained a consistent policy prohibiting such discrimination”.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 10:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
People who have not visited Israel do not understand the discrimination Palestinians face. To begin with, Palestinians have green license plates that restricts them from using certain roads in Israel, and requires them to take detours rather than straight drives from point A to point B. For people who claim Israel is a democracy doesn't not understand it is not a democracy for Palestinians. http://mondoweiss.net/2012/05/where-the-color-of-your-license-plate-dictates-which-roads-you-can-drive-on/
Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
People who have not visited Israel do not understand the discrimination Palestinians face. To begin with, Palestinians have green license plates that restricts them from using certain roads in Israel, and requires them to take detours rather than straight drives from point A to point B.

Not letting hostile foreigners enter your country is hardly discrimination.

cicerone imposter wrote:
For people who claim Israel is a democracy doesn't not understand it is not a democracy for Palestinians.

Mexico won't let me vote in Mexican elections. I guess I'm being discriminated against too.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 07:51 am
Israeli Submarine Sank Civilian Ship in First Lebanon War
Quote:
The incident, in which 25 people were killed, has been banned for publication since 1982. The ship was erroneously believed to be carrying terrorists

An Israeli submarine sank a civilian ship carrying refugees during the First Lebanon War, killing 25 people, Channel 10 News reported Thursday. The ship, a Lebanese commercial vessel carrying 56 Lebanese refugees fleeing from the port of Tripoli to Cyprus, was mistakenly believed to be carrying terrorists.

The submarine, whose mission was to patrol the area and sink Syrian naval vessels, fired two torpedoes, blowing up and sinking the ship. 25 people were killed by the explosion.

Information about the incident had been banned from publication since the incident in June 1982, but the ban was lifted after a petition to the High Court of Justice by the nonprofit Consumers’ Movement for the Promotion of a Fair Society and Economy, known in Hebrew as Hatzlacha (Success).
RABEL222

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 03:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I wonder what bs excuse olllie will come up as justification for this act?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 05:15 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Mexico won't let me vote in Mexican elections. I guess I'm being discriminated against too.

How ignorant can one man be? I thought Trump was the most ignorant, but oralloy is good competition.
oralloy

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 05:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Your inability to point out anything that I am wrong about speaks for itself.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 10:21 pm
@oralloy,
Why don't you try Russia or China? I'll pay your airfare if you promise to stay there. If you break the promise, you have to pay back 10X's what it cost me.
oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2018 04:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Nothing is quite so petty and bitter as a liberal who has been confronted with facts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2018 09:44 pm
@oralloy,
I'm not a liberal; I'm a capitalist and defender of democracies. I'm registered as an Independent. I agree with some things from both major parties, but their extremes are dangerous to our democracy. Trump separated 4000 children from their parents. That's inhumane, and uncalled for. The psychological impact on both child and parent is the biggest problem. Trump never had empathy for others, and everything has to be about him. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/shame/201508/the-populist-appeal-trumps-narcissism From Psychologytoday.com: "But Trump’s narcissism actually constitutes a large part of his appeal to certain voters. I’m not referring to his over-the-top braggadocio, his unrelenting drive to trumpet his superiority. Narcissism means much more than having an inflated sense of self. Extreme Narcissists (as I refer to them in my forthcoming book) like Donald Trump rely on a characteristic set of defenses to evade painful truths about themselves and to shore up that inflated sense of self: righteous indignation, blame, and contempt."
Quote:
"But Trump’s narcissism actually constitutes a large part of his appeal to certain voters.
You seem to fit that group.
oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2018 11:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Trump separated 4000 children from their parents. That's inhumane, and uncalled for.
Your novel proposal to send children to prison alongside their parents is far more inhumane in my view.

I think that human society has been doing it right all these past centuries by letting children stay free when their parents break the law and go to jail.

But your TDS is forcing you to go wildly off topic. The point of this thread is the Palestinians' aggression against Israel, and Israel's lawful right to defend themselves from this aggression.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2018 11:20 pm
@oralloy,
Your PDS (Palestinian derangement syndrome) is rearing its ugly head. That is not the point of this thread. The point of this thr3ead is Israeli expropriation of Palestinian land and rights
oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2018 11:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
No such expropriation.

The Palestinians possess no land outside the Gaza Strip and Area A.

Israel is not expropriating anything in the Gaza Strip or Area A.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2018 12:54 am
@oralloy,
Israel itself is expropriated land. So are the settlements as international law holds.

a

rl

oralloy

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2018 05:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
Setting aside the absurdity of accusing the indigenous population of expropriating their own land, when you deny Israel's very right to exist, you reinforce their right to defend themselves against those who attack them.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2018 06:32 am
@oralloy,
"Indigenous population" is a criterion only in your own mind, not in law. And genetically Palestinians are descendants of the " indigenous " population anyway,