Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2016 02:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
oralloy doesn't understand international law.

Yes I do.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2016 03:07 pm
@oralloy,
No, you don't. You don't understand what "illegal" means under international and UN laws.
Quote:
The international community considers the settlements in occupied territory to be illegal,[11] and the United Nations has repeatedly upheld the view that Israel's construction of settlements constitutes a violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention.[12][13] Israeli neighborhoods in East Jerusalem and communities in the Golan Heights, the latter of which has been annexed by Israel, are also considered settlements by the international community, which does not recognise Israel's annexations of these territories.[14] The International Court of Justice also says these settlements are illegal in a 2004 advisory opinion.[15][16][17] In April 2012, UN secretary general Ban Ki-Moon, in response to moves by Israel to legalise Israeli outposts, reiterated that all settlement activity is illegal, and "runs contrary to Israel's obligations under the Road Map and repeated Quartet calls for the parties to refrain from provocations."[18] Similar criticism was advanced by the EU and the US.[19][20] Israel disputes the position of the international community and the legal arguments that were used to declare the settlements illegal.[21]

I'm done here: I don't enjoy talking to somebody that has the brain of a brick wall.
oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2016 03:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
No, you don't.

Yes I do.

cicerone imposter wrote:
You don't understand what "illegal" means under international and UN laws.

Yes I do.

cicerone imposter wrote:
I'm done here: I don't enjoy talking to somebody that has the brain of a brick wall.

I'm a trillion times smarter than you are, for what it's worth.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2016 04:23 pm
@oralloy,
It's very clear you do NOT understand international law, which has been laid out
for your inspection. Your reasons for trying to explain away Israeli aggression are purely your own twaddle. They are NOT what the law says/ The Israelishave spent 70 years bobbing and weaving and refusing to deal with the root causes of the conflict. Their offers have consistently advanced only Israeli interests. A FAIR offer would be one the Palestinians thought fair, not just the Israelis, and there have been none of those.
oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2016 04:32 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It's very clear you do NOT understand international law,

You have a big mouth, but you cannot show a single point of international law that I am wrong about.

MontereyJack wrote:
Your reasons for trying to explain away Israeli aggression are purely your own twaddle.

I do realize that Liberals try to deny the right of self defense (among many other rights). But no. Human rights are not twaddle.

MontereyJack wrote:
They are NOT what the law says

The law says that Jews have just as much right to defend themselves as anyone else does.

MontereyJack wrote:
The Israelishave spent 70 years bobbing and weaving and refusing to deal with the root causes of the conflict. Their offers have consistently advanced only Israeli interests. A FAIR offer would be one the Palestinians thought fair, not just the Israelis, and there have been none of those.

Denying the truth of what Israel offered only proves that Israel is right to now take what they want by force.

Thanks for helping to legitimize the settlements.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2016 04:44 pm
@oralloy,
Ollie, would you please quit trying to change history. Europe is where most of the Jewish population of Israel came from.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2016 04:46 pm
@oralloy,
There you go with that "WE" crap again. You are a minority and will remain so until you die.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 05:52 am
Off topic but still important.

Netanyahu Expected to Be Questioned as a Criminal Suspect
Source: Haaretz - Israel / Middle East News

Haaretz Jul 16, 2016

Following the questioning by law enforcement officials for 15 hours on Thursday of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's former chief of staff Ari Harow, Channel 2 has reported that the interrogation of Harow focused on the conduct of the prime minister himself and that Netanyahu and perhaps other members of his family are expected to be questioned under caution, meaning as criminal suspects.

The potential investigation of the prime minister follows information provided to law enforcement by a source close to Netanyahu, Abramovich said. The current investigation would reportedly apparently be carried out not only in Israel, but also in the United States and France.

Earlier this month, Channel 10 reported that Netanyahu is being investigated in connection with a massive money-laundering scheme.

Read more: http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.731318
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 07:13 am
Minister Naftali Bennett, You Are Killing Zionism

An answer to the minister who has come this close to accusing me of treason.

Rogel Alpher Jul 17, 2016

Education and Diaspora Affairs Minister Naftali Bennett accuses me of undermining “the foundations of the Zionist enterprise,” and of “blatant subversion of the foundations of our existence here and the future of the Jewish people” (Haaretz July 12). From here it is a very short road to marking me as an enemy of the people. The phrase “blatant subversion of the foundations of our existence here and the future of the Jewish people” smacks of treason. Bennett is one of the government’s senior ministers and also a member of the security cabinet. If he saw fit to publish an article under his name accusing a journalist of treason, one might be permitted to fear that it would follow naturally for Bennett to try to shut that journalist up by restricting his freedom of expression. That would obviously follow, even necessarily follow, in order to protect “the foundations of our existence here” and “the future of the Jewish people.”

Naftali, you are killing Zionism. You killed the Jewish state. You and your settlements. You and your occupation. You and your apartheid. I am choking on the broth you cooked. You established a violent binational state in Israel, awash in terror, radical nationalism and fundamentalist religion. You are blatantly subverting the foundations of all of our existence here, Jews and Palestinians. You have left me no choice but to declare that I feel a sense of shared fate with the Palestinians in Israel and the territories. Because I am a democrat. And I believe in universal morality. I am not a fascist like you.

You claim that “The State of Israel is the state of the Jewish people…the nation is the starting point and securing its future is the goal and the means.” The continued control over millions of Palestinians without basic human rights in Judea and Samaria is not Zionism, Naftali. You are dispossessing them and excluding them, but they exist. They live there. That is their state too. And they are not Jews. And they are not Zionists. And your insistence on continuing to rule them has turned Israel into a state that is not Jewish and not democratic.

Naftali, because of you we are living in a binational state. That is the reality. Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion’s declaration that “a Jewish state has been established in the Land of Israel, which is the State of Israel,” is no longer relevant, I’m sorry to say. And therefore it is unacceptable to claim that Israel is the home of a Jewish baby born as an American citizen in Minneapolis as these lines are being written any more than it is the home of a Palestinian baby born at that same moment as a citizen of Israel in the town of Sakhnin. That is racism.

read more: http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.731346
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 11:15 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I bet they find more than just money laundering on Netanyahu. Have they checked on his bank accounts in Europe and America?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 12:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The "Zionist enterprise" should not be undertaken at the expense of the Palestinian peoples. The only way that Palestine will ever see even a modicum of peace is to dismantle the Zionist enterprise in Palestine and give the Palestinians their due, their Right of Return.
revelette2

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 12:50 pm
@InfraBlue,
From what I read, water rights are a big issue too in the way the map would be drawn up.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 01:06 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

From what I read, water rights are a big issue too in the way the map would be drawn up.

The entire "Two State Solution" is a farce. Since the Palestinians won't just disappear, the Zionists wish to contain them in concentration camps, and call it "their own state."
oralloy

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 05:45 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The "Zionist enterprise" should not be undertaken at the expense of the Palestinian peoples.

The Palestinians had their chance at peace. Now it is time to take from them using force.

InfraBlue wrote:
The only way that Palestine will ever see even a modicum of peace is to dismantle the Zionist enterprise in Palestine and give the Palestinians their due, their Right of Return.

Peace can be achieved by bombing the Palestinians until they stop causing trouble.
oralloy

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 05:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The entire "Two State Solution" is a farce.

Your rejection of peace justifies dealing with the Palestinians purely with military force.

InfraBlue wrote:
Since the Palestinians won't just disappear, the Zionists wish to contain them in concentration camps, and call it "their own state."

Characterizing Gaza and Area A as concentration camps is silly.

But yes, the Palestinians are going to be isolated and then forgotten.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 05:48 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Palestinians had their chance at peace. Now it is time to take from them using force.

These are the kinds statements that proves you are ignorant/stupid. Keep on posting, because it proves my point.
oralloy

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 06:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
These are the kinds statements that proves you are ignorant/stupid. Keep on posting, because it proves my point.

I remind you that my IQ is a trillion times greater than yours.

And I am fully informed on all facts regarding Israel.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 06:40 pm
@oralloy,
The more of that disguusting crap you spout, the stronger the world's revulsion against Israeli actions gets and the more people will resort to boycotts and disinvestment. So rant on.
oralloy

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 07:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
Anti-Semitic dreams that the world will become anti-Semitic are pretty silly.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 07:24 pm
@oralloy,
You really do live only in your own fantafsies, dont you?