Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

georgeob1

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 09:04 pm
@RABEL222,
I don't propose to give you any **** at all. I don't propose either to tell you how to arrange your life, and certainly don't solicit your advice about mine.

You appear to believe that economic activity is a zero sum game. That's a primitive, unenlightened view. You are simply wrong. I help run and grow a business that employs many hundreds of people and we work to make it grow.

Could it be prolonged inactivity that has made you so dour, self-righteous and judgmental.? Get off your ass and lighten up !
Ionus

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 09:41 pm
@georgeob1,
I think it is the only adrenaline he gets and he is addicted to it . Also low testosterone, contrary to libbies' views on the matter, makes men violent . Testosterone drops off markedly as you get older and fail to exercise muscles . Most old men would benefit considerably if they took up weight exercise but doctors are notoriously lazy and always recommend walking instead .
georgeob1

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 10:02 pm
@Ionus,
Interesting. I agree and have been a life-long workout addict. I long ago discovered that. though a good workout didn't solve any of my problems, for several hours afterwards I didn't give a **** about them. With runner's high I learned that hypoxia was the secret of happiness (later I learned it was really the endorphins). I also learned that a hard workout with weights or doing gymnastics brought its own form of exhilarated well-being. I do it still and have found that if I am persistent and stay with it I can keep at it. No more benching 205, but 145 suits me well.
Ionus

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 10:23 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
No more benching 205, but 145 suits me well.
Shocked For a moment I forgot you were of the USA persuasion and cant do metric...205kg is an enormous weight . Very Happy 145lb is pretty good though . Muscles exercised for strength produce stem cells, and need I remind anybody the heart is a muscle ? If you can still run in your 70's, you are doing better than me . Injuries have me close to crippled so I need weights and diet, a depressing combination but necessary for cardio . You can also achieve considerable cardio through just moving your body through its own dimensions without walking or running . Try getting down on the floor and up again until you cant do it any more .
georgeob1

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 10:38 pm
@Ionus,
I gave up running four years ago - knees can't take it any more. However I learned long ago one can get a good cardio workout with weights or gymnastics simply by quickly varying the exercises so that the oxygen demand isn't limited by one group of muscles - but that appears to be what you do as well. For me the key is persistence, and I am a stubborn SOB.

Are you English or Scottish? How could anyone mistake me for anything else than American?

Stay with it. Stopping is depressing.
Ionus

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 12:06 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
How could anyone mistake me for anything else than American?
They probably couldnt, but I am used to seeing metric and your figures were unlabelled .

Quote:
Are you English or Scottish?
Are they my only choices ? Very Happy My ancestors were more enthusiastic than selective . I am from a very old english family, mixed with Scandinavian, 3rd generation Australian and adopted into an aboriginee tribe .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 12:13 am
Netanyahu proposes talks on borders of settlement blocs
Quote:
During his meeting with EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherin, Netanyahu voices willingness for the first time since taking office to discuss size of settlement blocs and their borders with Palestinians.
[...]
Netanyahu is very concerned by preparations in Brussels to impose sanctions such as labeling settlement produce in EU supermarkets, as well as by the French push for a UN Security Council resolution that would lay down principles for resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Right at the start of his meeting with Mogherini, Netanyahu restated his commitment to the principle of “two states for two peoples” for the cameras, saying that his support for establishing a demilitarized Palestinian state hasn’t changed. This is the first time he has said such a thing since his new government was formed. During the election campaign, in a pitch to right-wing voters, he vowed that no Palestinian state would arise as long as he is prime minister.
[...]
“It’s clear there are areas that will remain under Israeli control under any agreement, just as it’s clear there are areas that will remain under Palestinian control under any agreement,” the source quoted Netanyahu as saying. “Therefore, we can advance toward understandings on which areas we can continue building in, since in any case, they’ll remain under Israeli control.”
... ... ...
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 02:06 am
@RABEL222,
It's just another form of corruption, another way of getting his snout in the trough. High ranking military/politicians/civil servants do the bidding of big business so they can be rewarded with some non executive sinecure that pays big money for attending a meeting once a month.

That way your government, (and mine) will continue paying through the nose for military hardware it doesn't really need, the soldier of the ground gets shafted while the trough gets bigger but more exclusive.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 03:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
In the Haaretz article that Walter quoted, Barak Ravid wrote:
“It’s clear there are areas that will remain under Israeli control under any agreement, just as it’s clear there are areas that will remain under Palestinian control under any agreement,” the source quoted Netanyahu as saying. “Therefore, we can advance toward understandings on which areas we can continue building in, since in any case, they’ll remain under Israeli control.”

Seeing as how the Zionists control more than sixty percent of the West Bank, what's clear is that they intend to keep control over as much of that sixty percent as possible within which to expand and build their settlements. Ironically, these myopic actions will only render impossible a viable Palestinian state and hasten the demise of the Two State Solution and necessitate the implementation of a single state in Palestine.
Ionus

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 03:30 am
@izzythepush,
Dizzythetush knows of lots of conspiracies where they are out to get her and the Palestinians . People are her problem . Democracy is not perfect, but it is the least imperfect system we may have .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 03:34 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Seeing as how the Zionists control more than sixty percent of the West Bank

Seeing as how the Palestinian Terrorists control more than ninety-nine percent of the Gaza strip

Quote:
what's clear is that they intend to keep control over as much of that sixty percent as possible within which to expand and build their settlements.
what's clear is that they intend to keep control over as much of that ninety-nine percent as possible within which to expand and build their rocket launch sites .

Quote:
Ironically, these myopic actions will only render impossible a viable Palestinian state and hasten the demise of the Two State Solution and necessitate the implementation of a single state in Palestine.
We will call it Israel .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 04:51 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
Ironically, these myopic actions will only render impossible a viable Palestinian state and hasten the demise of the Two State Solution and necessitate the implementation of a single state in Palestine.
We will call it Israel .
Who is "we" here?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 04:59 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
Seeing as how the Zionists control more than sixty percent of the West Bank
Seeing as how the Palestinian Terrorists control more than ninety-nine percent of the Gaza strip
Might be correct. Israel 'only' controls Gaza's airspace, coast and its borders.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 05:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Who is "we" here?
WE are the world . We are the children . (sing along...)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 05:24 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
WE are the world .
Could be that the world's opinion will change, true.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 05:25 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
We are the children . (sing along...)
I read you 5 by 5
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 06:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Right at the start of his meeting with Mogherini, Netanyahu restated his commitment to the principle of “two states for two peoples” for the cameras, saying that his support for establishing a demilitarized Palestinian state hasn’t changed. This is the first time he has said such a thing since his new government was formed. During the election campaign, in a pitch to right-wing voters, he vowed that no Palestinian state would arise as long as he is prime minister.

A demilitarized Palestine State would leave Palestine defenseless and dependent on Israel. Why would Palestine agree to such a thing?
Ionus

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 07:33 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
A demilitarized Palestine State would leave Palestine defenseless and dependent on Israel. Why would Palestine agree to such a thing?
There is nothing wrong with being dependent on one of the regional powers . There are only Israel, Iran and Egypt to choose from . Who would you pick ?
revelette2

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 09:00 am
@Ionus,
Not Israel that is for sure. In any event, they should be able to become a full and independent state equal to Israel or any other regional power in the region with the resources to defend themselves from Israel or anyone other state or threat.
Ionus

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 09:04 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
with the resources to defend themselves from Israel
Your posts are usually not to bad as far as facts go, but what the hell is that ? Who in the Middle East is capable of defending against Israel, the Arabs have tried to wipe it off the map with the combined Arab forces several times . You want puny little impoverished Palestine to be able to belt up Israel ? How ?