Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Ionus

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 10:59 pm
@InfraBlue,
My criticisms of you were too harsh, but it is tiring to hear people say they dont hate Jews, they just want to destroy Israel . The world owes the Jews, it does not owe the Palestinians .
Ionus

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 11:01 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
it's leadership prosecuted for the oppression of the Palestinian people
How about prosecuting the Palestinians for terrorist acts ? Including those against their own people ?
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 11:16 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

My criticisms of you were too harsh, but it is tiring to hear people say they dont hate Jews, they just want to destroy Israel . The world owes the Jews, it does not owe the Palestinians .

The world doesn't owe anyone anything, your persecution complex notwithstanding.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 11:18 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
it's leadership prosecuted for the oppression of the Palestinian people
How about prosecuting the Palestinians for terrorist acts ? Including those against their own people ?

The Palestinians who perpetrate acts of terrorism should be prosecuted as well .
Ionus

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 06:16 am
@InfraBlue,
You seem to have missed this the first time around . Will you answer ?

Quote:
Lets assume you are right . How do we demolish Israel ? At least my option is do-able . If your option is not practical, then why be an exponent of it ?
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 03:31 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

You seem to have missed this the first time around . Will you answer ?

Quote:
Lets assume you are right . How do we demolish Israel ? At least my option is do-able . If your option is not practical, then why be an exponent of it ?

It would require the Palestinians to forgo the two state solution, relinquish what little self-government the Zionists have allotted and demand enfranchisment and civil rights in all of Palestine.

It is doable.
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 12:29 am
@InfraBlue,
It would require Israelis to give up their independence and be a minority in another country . No-one would do that without being forced . It is NOT do-able . What stops the Arabs from doing to the Jews what Europeans did ? How many Arab nations do you trust to be stable democracies ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 07:46 am
Pope welcomes Mahmoud Abbas ahead of treaty with Palestine
Quote:
Pope Francis calls the Palestinian president ‘an angel of peace’ during Vatican visit, as Israel condemns preparation of first accord
http://i60.tinypic.com/j5jg2o.jpg
Pope Francis met Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas on Saturday, calling him “an angel of peace”, days after the Vatican said it was preparing to sign its first accord with Palestine, to the anger of Israel.

Abbas met the pontiff for about 20 minutes for a private audience, a meeting that comes a day before the pope is due to canonise two Palestinian nuns, who will become the first Palestinian Arabs to gain sainthood.

On Wednesday the Holy See announced that it was preparing to sign its first treaty with Palestine, two years after officially recognising it as a state.

A bilateral commission is putting the final touches to the agreement, on the Catholic Church’s life and activities in Palestine, which then “will be submitted to the respective authorities for approval ahead of setting a debate in the near future for the signing,” the Vatican said on Wednesday.

Some observers speculated that the agreement could be signed during Abbas’s visit.

The news of the treaty drew a critical response from Israel.

“Israel heard with disappointment the decision of the Holy See to agree a final formulation of an agreement with the Palestinians, including the use of the term ‘Palestinian state’,” said an Israeli foreign ministry official.

“Such a development does not further the peace process and distances the Palestinian leadership from returning to direct bilateral negotiations. Israel will study the agreement and consider its next step.”
The agreement, 15 years in the making, expresses the Vatican’s “hope for a solution to the Palestinian question, and the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians, according to the two-state solution,” Antoine Camilleri, the Holy See’s deputy foreign minister, said in an interview earlier this week.

In an interview with the Vatican’s Osservatore Romano newspaper, Camilleri said he hoped “the accord could, even in an indirect way, help the Palestinians in the establishment and recognition of an independent, sovereign and democratic state of Palestine”.

The Palestinian Authority considers the Vatican one of 136 countries to have recognised Palestine as a state, although the number is disputed and several recognitions by what are now European Union member states date back to the Soviet era.

Abbas’s visit came a day before two nuns who lived in Ottoman Palestine during the 19th century will be made saints at a Vatican ceremony.

Marie Alphonsine Ghattas of Jerusalem and Mariam Bawardy of Galilee will become the first Palestinian Arabs to gain sainthood.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 08:13 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quote:
Pope Francis calls the Palestinian president ‘an angel of peace’ during Vatican visit, ..

Not really:
Quote:
During talks, Pope Francis presented the president with a medallion described as symbolizing an "angel of peace destroying the evil spirit of war."

And interesting as well:
Quote:
A large delegation from Palestine will also be present at Sunday's canonization, the first time Muslim officials from the land of Bethlehem will attend such a service.
Source for above quotes
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 08:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
"angel of peace destroying the evil spirit of war."
Sounds like another candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize...is he a terrorist, mass murderer, liar, incompetent, or a money hungry fool ? You only get the Nobel Peace Prize if you use dynamite or cheat .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 08:53 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Sounds like another candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize...

The Holy See doesn't name candidates for Nobel Peace Prize.

Ionus wrote:
You only get the Nobel Peace Prize if you use dynamite or cheat .
From what sentences in both sources did you get that the Nobel Peace Prize was a topic?
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
From what I quoted . I showed you what I thought might inspire a Nobel Peace Prize. I showed the exact wording that made me think of it .

Quote:
The Holy See doesn't name candidates for Nobel Peace Prize.
Just as well or we might get even more terrorists writing acceptance speeches .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:04 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Will the prime minister of Cape Verde, José Maria Pereira Neves, be a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize as well, Ionus? He got the same medal last month.
Just wondering.
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:07 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I don't have ESP, Walt, so your guess is as good as mine . I do however object to anyone associated with the Middle East getting the Nobel Peace Prize . Both sides are heavily tainted with blood, though the Palestinians especially so .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:12 am
@Ionus,
I still don't get why you relate that medal, which is given to all leaders of states when signing a treaty, agreement ... with the Holy See, with the Nobel Peace Prize.

But you really might have a better knowledge of those diplomatic procedures in the Vatican.
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It wasnt the medal, it was the words used to describe a Palestinian leader...I quoted the words I objected to . There was nothing else I objected to . Previous Israeli and Palestinian leaders recognised for their efforts to bring about peace have been nothing but terrorists...I was musing whether this Palestinian leader would get the Prize, suggesting that if he is a terrorist then he might very well get it . The Vatican and their decision puzzles me, but I dont think I commented on it or the agreement .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 12:46 pm
@Ionus,
Two more words:

Christian Zionism.

RABEL222

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 02:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
He made them up in order to change the subject. A tactic that Oralboy and his ilk use to confuse facts.
Foofie

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 03:25 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Demolishing Israel and replacing it with a truly democratic, egalitarian and pluralistic state that serves all of the peoples of Palestine isn't hateful. It's the epitome of philanthropy.

Or, "the epitome" of not learning from history. Sorry, but murdering Jews is like an intractable cold that one cannot get rid of, for a segment of Gentiles. Zionism is really the simplest way to deal with the "bully" tendency in those Gentiles. Your desire for an "egalitarian" state might be compared to telling all white Southerners to move up north to a blue state and learn to live with Yankees, and stop having a Southern accent, in my opinion. That ain't happening.

The problem with Zionism, in my opinion, in the eyes of many a well-meaning Gentile is that Zionism represents the NON-DOMESTICATED Jew that is autonomous, and can one day become a competing population on the world stage. Naturally, the Jew that lives in a Gentile country, and dedicates his/her energies to the betterment of the (Gentile) country is only a hop-skip-and-a-jump from total assimilation, which many Gentiles would be ecstatic about. Particularly, those Gentiles that harbour the fear that Jews are not just different by religion, but sort of superior in intellect. They compete too well to just ignore them. Do you hear some degree of truth?
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 05:24 pm
@Foofie,
Seek counseling for your persecution complex.

An oppressive, ethnocentric state isn't the remedy.