Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Foofie

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 05:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

No problem; most of us call it Apartheid Israel. Many countries and organizations are divesting from apartheid Israel as we speak.

Analogous to the Salk and Sabine vaccines, I'd find it ironic if they develop a vaccine to HIV, and then countries don't want to utilize it. My point being, if one doesn't like how Jews manage land after it is occupied after a war, one shouldn't avail oneself of what Jews innovate. I am all for anti-Israel folks biting their noses to spite their faces.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 05:25 pm
@Foofie,
"...after a war." ROFLMAO
FYI, Israel will continue to have wars as long as they continue to steal land from others. That's a guarantee!

BTW, you missed that part about Palestinians being EXPELLED from their homes during the 1967 war.
JTT

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 05:25 pm
@Advocate,
You rail at me to stay on topic then you put me on ignore for being on topic. Y'all are so schizophrenic, it's scary.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 05:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

"...after a war." ROFLMAO
FYI, Israel will continue to have wars as long as they continue to steal land from others. That's a guarantee!

BTW, you missed that part about Palestinians being EXPELLED from their homes during the 1967 war.

I didn't "miss" anything. I just lost interest. I now am currently concerned about Japan and China wanting the same islands. Now that can be a more interesting contest to watch. I'm rooting for the Chinese.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 05:36 pm
@Foofie,
Japan and China is not part of this thread. Your diversions are meaningless!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 10:25 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
New US bill to punish academic boycott

Excellent. There is no place for anti-Semitism anywhere, but least of all in our academic institutions.
JTT

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 11:10 pm
@oralloy,
So much for the consteetooshun and academic freedom. Just another goose step towards fascism.

The united fascists of america

It has a nice ring to it. You may as well bring the name in line with the reality.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 08:13 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate, I switched posts from "Voting Republicans out of Office" to this one which is an Israeli thread....I did not want that thread to morph into an Israeli one.

Quote:

Advocate wrote:

I think we could be friends and share similar beliefs. I don't understand how you come down on certain issues, and I guess you have the same feeling about some of my beliefs.

Quote:

Moment-in-Time wrote:

Of course we could be friends....why not? The topic which I most gravitate towards is the Middle East situation, i.e., Israelis vs Palestinians, and in this arena you and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum. We disagree fervently, but not for one moment, have I ever disliked you as an individual poster, only your political views. You, in my personal opinion, are fighting for the survival of Israel whom you feel to be under attack by outside forces. I don't see this; I see Israel as a land grabber, refusing to compromise in this little area of space allotted to two groups of people, Palestinians and modern Israel in 1948 by the UN.

With regards to other subjects, i.e., social and economics, I find you astute, someone I agree with 100%. There is no such thing as perfection in our man-made culture, Advocate. I will take you as I find you. From a personal point of view, I like and admire your posts on other subjects outside the "Israeli topic."

Quote:

Advocate wrote:

I respect your views. However, I feel you are wearing blinders when it comes to the Pals. In 1948, Israel begged them not to abandon Israel when the latter was being attacked by the Pals and their Arab brothers. Israel continued to beg the Pals to come to some reasonable compromise relative to the establishment of a Pal state. The Pals, in return, offered stones, bullets, missiles and rockets. Their offers in compromise would lead to the demise of Israel. But, somehow, you and your friends remain blind to what Israel is dealing with.

-------------

'The Palestinians, as was their right, rejected the UN partition plan because it granted the Jews 65% of the land, more than half of Palestine despite the fact that the European Jews made up only one-third of the population and owned only 6.59 percent of the land. In addition, the Palestinians maintained that the United Nations had no legal right to recommend partition when the majority inhabitants of Palestine opposed it. Nonetheless, by rejecting partition Palestinians did not reject their own claim to an independent nation. Their opposition was to a Jewish state established on Palestinian land, not to the Jews' right as a people."
_______

An article from the book "Deliberate Deceptions" by the former Congressman Paul Findle, Emeritus Professor

Advocate

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 11:00 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Advocate, I switched posts from "Voting Republicans out of Office" to this one which is an Israeli thread....I did not want that thread to morph into an Israeli one.

Quote:

Advocate wrote:

I think we could be friends and share similar beliefs. I don't understand how you come down on certain issues, and I guess you have the same feeling about some of my beliefs.

Quote:

Moment-in-Time wrote:

Of course we could be friends....why not? The topic which I most gravitate towards is the Middle East situation, i.e., Israelis vs Palestinians, and in this arena you and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum. We disagree fervently, but not for one moment, have I ever disliked you as an individual poster, only your political views. You, in my personal opinion, are fighting for the survival of Israel whom you feel to be under attack by outside forces. I don't see this; I see Israel as a land grabber, refusing to compromise in this little area of space allotted to two groups of people, Palestinians and modern Israel in 1948 by the UN.

With regards to other subjects, i.e., social and economics, I find you astute, someone I agree with 100%. There is no such thing as perfection in our man-made culture, Advocate. I will take you as I find you. From a personal point of view, I like and admire your posts on other subjects outside the "Israeli topic."

Quote:

Advocate wrote:

I respect your views. However, I feel you are wearing blinders when it comes to the Pals. In 1948, Israel begged them not to abandon Israel when the latter was being attacked by the Pals and their Arab brothers. Israel continued to beg the Pals to come to some reasonable compromise relative to the establishment of a Pal state. The Pals, in return, offered stones, bullets, missiles and rockets. Their offers in compromise would lead to the demise of Israel. But, somehow, you and your friends remain blind to what Israel is dealing with.

-------------

'The Palestinians, as was their right, rejected the UN partition plan because it granted the Jews 65% of the land, more than half of Palestine despite the fact that the European Jews made up only one-third of the population and owned only 6.59 percent of the land. In addition, the Palestinians maintained that the United Nations had no legal right to recommend partition when the majority inhabitants of Palestine opposed it. Nonetheless, by rejecting partition Palestinians did not reject their own claim to an independent nation. Their opposition was to a Jewish state established on Palestinian land, not to the Jews' right as a people."
_______

An article from the book "Deliberate Deceptions" by the former Congressman Paul Findle, Emeritus Professor

You should read up on Findley. He an old hack politician and, over the years, about the most vociferous critic of Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Findley
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 11:04 pm
@Advocate,
Rather than calling Findley a hack, why not challenge what that article says - that's not true! Calling anyone a hack means absolutely nothing without knowing why that person is a hack.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 09:17 am
@Advocate,
Quote:

-------------

_______

Quote:
Advocate wrote:

You should read up on Findley. He an old hack politician and, over the years, about the most vociferous critic of Israel.

Professor Findley's record on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is unblemished with an impressive record in politics, in the academic world and as an author. Of course, stemming from someone like you or those in a similar thought mode, you are only going to see the worse in Findley, someone who is openly critical of Israel, who dares to openly write books and articles about the rogue nation. Prof. Findley's work is well researched and has written another later book titled "They Dare to Speak Out." This book details how critics of Israel are sometimes intimidated and blackmailed into keeping quiet.

Israel is a very small country, and this includes the West Bank. The entire area of the Zionist nation can be "traversed" in three hours. When Israel was placed there as a nation in 1948, it was made clear that the area was to house two peoples, the native Arabs, i.e. Palestinians and the European Jews who were given a home because Europe has turned its back on their own (Hitler's war against native born Jews throughout Europe). It was never intended modern Israel to take over all the land of Palestine and or duplicate ancient Israel which clearly is no more.

Israel's calculating cunning resembles very much her act when applying for membership at the UN. The Zionist nation was turned down several times by the United Nation, until she promised to NOT TOUCH JERUSALEM. Jerusalem is supposed to be kept as an OPEN CITY. Israel promised faithfully she would not build settlements in Jerusalem. As soon as Israel became an official member, she turned right around and began building settlements in Jerusalem.

Today's Israeli leaders cannot be trusted and no one it seems in the US congress is willing to defy the Zionist nation. This is why the global movement for a campaign of Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS ) against Israel until it complies with international law and Palestinian rights, is such a good thing.
Advocate

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 09:41 am
@Moment-in-Time,
You certainly have a vivid imagination. Unfortunately, your statements come out of this imagination.

To my knowledge, Findley was never an academic. And writing a book doesn't make him so.

After the formation of Israel, the nation essentially never set foot in the WB and Gaza, or the Arab part of Jerusalem, despite hundreds of attacks by the Pals. This, of course, changed with the advent of the '67 war. Israel found that the Pals had desecrated the Western Wall area, as well as other holy sites.

Your crap about Israel promising this or that to the UN is unsupported. Israel did what any other country would have done in a similar situation.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 10:46 am
@Advocate,
Positions on Jerusalem
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are differing legal and diplomatic positions on Jerusalem held within the international community.[1] Scholars are divided over the legal status of Jerusalem under international law.[2] No country in the world except for Israel has recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Many do not recognize it as a city that is properly Israel's. Many UN member states formally adhere to the United Nations proposal that Jerusalem should have an international status.[3]

The chief dispute revolves around Israel's occupation of East Jerusalem, while broader agreement exists regarding the Israeli presence in West Jerusalem.[2] De jure, the majority of UN member states and most international organisations do not recognise Israel's ownership of East Jerusalem which occurred after the 1967 Six-Day War, nor its 1980 Jerusalem Law proclamation, which declared a "complete and united" Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.[4] As a result, foreign embassies are generally located in Tel Aviv and its suburbs.

Jerusalem is a contentious issue in final status peace talks between Israel and Palestine, both of which claim Jerusalem as their capital.[5] Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has stated that "Jerusalem belongs to the Jewish people and will remain under Israeli sovereignty for eternity."[6]
Other organizations and communities advocate that Jerusalem should be an international city.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positions_on_Jerusalem
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 12:51 am
Can you look at this map and claim that I-slam does not systematically steal land?

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/q71/s720x720/1625603_588459691241604_1882466347_n.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 08:53 am
For those, who are interested: a Hi-res map of the Occupied West Bank (2012), including settlements, roadblocks, administrative divisions and the seperation barrier [>click here< for full 2001x2867 map]

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zpsed6258bb.jpg
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 11:13 am
@gungasnake,
I think that Infra had a heart attack on seeing your post. Thanks for the truth.
Wilso

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 11:44 am
Israel doesn't have a defence force. It has the world's best funded terrorist organisation.
JTT

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 11:52 am
@Wilso,
W: It has the world's best funded terrorist organization.

/////

Second only to the USA.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 02:06 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

I think that Infra had a heart attack on seeing your post. Thanks for the truth.

That's a textbook example of the Zionists'--and their enablers--propensity to conflate religious mythology and religious bigotry as a red herring in an attempt to obfuscate the fact that the state of Israel discriminates against and oppresses the Palestinian peoples.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 03:08 pm
@Wilso,
It is a defence force, and a good one. Surrounded by vermin, Israel cannot afford to lose a war.