Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Miller

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 06:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

... It doesn't matter how much time he spends in the gym, that won't get any bigger.

How do you know? Do you run around doing a "feel-good"test or do you just like to play the rub-a-dub game with the "GUYS"?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 06:17 am
Israel's housing ministry announced today that 800 new houses will be built in the West Bank and 600 in East Jerusalem.

Quote:
Following prisoner release
Israel announces tenders for 1,400 new housing units in West Bank, Jerusalem

600 settlement units planned for East Jerusalem, 800 for West Bank; Netanyahu's announcement preempts likely protest by right-wing hardliners in his government.

The Housing Ministry announced Friday morning new tenders for 1,400 housing units in settlements in the West Bank and in East Jerusalem.

The announcement was made three weeks after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he intends to launch a new wave of settlement construction parallel to the third step of Palestinian prisoner release.

Tenders were released for the construction of 600 housing units in the Ramat Shlomo neighborhood in Jerusalem, which lies over the Green Line, and a further 801 units in settlement blocs in the West Bank.

Israel will build 227 housing units in Efrat, 78 in Alfei Menashe, 86 in Karnei Shomron, 40 in Ariel, 75 in Adam, 24 in Beitar Illit, 102 in Immanuel and 169 in Elkana.

In addition, tenders were released for the construction of 532 units in Jewish neighborhoods in East Jerusalem, across the Green Line. The plots for these units were marketed in the past but found no buyers, and were now put back out on the market. These include 182 units in Pisgat Ze'ev, 294 in Ramot and 56 in Neve Yaakov. ... ... ...
Source
oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 06:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Israel's housing ministry announced today that 800 new houses will be built in the West Bank and 600 in East Jerusalem.

Nice! Mr. Green

Quote:
Israel will build 227 housing units in Efrat, 78 in Alfei Menashe, 86 in Karnei Shomron, 40 in Ariel, 75 in Adam, 24 in Beitar Illit, 102 in Immanuel and 169 in Elkana.

In addition, tenders were released for the construction of 532 units in Jewish neighborhoods in East Jerusalem, across the Green Line. The plots for these units were marketed in the past but found no buyers, and were now put back out on the market. These include 182 units in Pisgat Ze'ev, 294 in Ramot and 56 in Neve Yaakov. ... ... ...

The Green Line couldn't be less relevant, but it would be interesting to know if all the new construction will be on the Israeli side of the Security Fence.

Granted, if the Palestinians are ultimately all deported out of the West Bank, perhaps the Security Fence will not matter either.

Thanks for posting this awesome news.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:51 am
@Miller,
You're confusing me with someone who talks to effete poodle owning fascists. Get back under your rock.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 10:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
How do you say "lebensraum" in Hebrew? Perhaps, this is the ultimate domino effect?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 10:20 am
@Foofie,
Have you been taking spelling lessons from Dan Quayle?
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 10:40 am
@Foofie,
It's the ultimate hypocricy.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 11:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Ironically, through their continued settlement construction and expansion and rejection of the proposal of land swap, the Zionists are undermining the efforts to achieve peace through a two-state solution which they claim to support.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 11:39 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
How do you say "lebensraum" in Hebrew? Perhaps, this is the ultimate domino effect?
I don't know Hebrew. And I've quoted from Haaretz' English-website.
But, since your German seems to be perfect, let me quote Goethe from Elective Affinities:In einem solchen Gedränge treten zuletzt alte Gewohnheiten, alte Neigungen wieder hervor, um die Zeit zu töten und den Lebensraum auszufüllen.
Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:06 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Ironically, through their continued settlement construction and expansion and rejection of the proposal of land swap, the Zionists are undermining the efforts to achieve peace through a two-state solution which they claim to support.

For excellent reasons, I think the Israelis have given up on getting to any reasonable settlement with the Pals.
Foofie

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 05:21 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

It's the ultimate hypocricy.

Well, one could respond with "what goes around, comes around." Or, probably more correct is that people learn that non-hypocrisy is no virtue, when the nation that had the perpetrators, of the Holocaust, is a thriving nation today, and the Arabs just want the Jews in Israel to go away.

But, I do not want to change your mind, since you have already made your position known, and far be it for me to try to change your thinking. I don't have such powers. But, more importantly, opinions on this forum are of no value. The world goes on based on the current powers that be, and their focus.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 05:22 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:
I don't know Hebrew. And I've quoted from Haaretz' English-website.
But, since your German seems to be perfect, let me quote Goethe from Elective Affinities:In einem solchen Gedränge treten zuletzt alte Gewohnheiten, alte Neigungen wieder hervor, um die Zeit zu töten und den Lebensraum auszufüllen.

You are being sarcastic? I know three, no two words, in German.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 06:27 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Zionists do not reject the land swap idea.

The only people who are undermining peace talks are the Palestinians and their vile supporters.

As for the two-state solution, the Palestinians may be in the process of ruining their very last chance at 1967 borders, but that does not mean there can't be a different two-state solution.

After the Palestinians have all been transported to the Gaza Strip, perhaps the Gaza Strip could become their state.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 11:59 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Have you been taking spelling lessons from Dan Quayle?

Go back to the swamps and take a long muddy bath, Toad-Face!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:23 pm
@Advocate,
This policy of stealing Pals lands is legend, and you 're finalling a knowledging it.
Advocate

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

This policy of stealing Pals lands is legend, and you 're finalling a knowledging it.

I have never said that Israel steals Pal lands.

I think that Israel has taken the WB as a prize of war. The Pals have continually attacked Israel and its people, giving the Israel the right to take land for security purposes. Moreover, there is no nation in the WB and Gaza. The Pals will only agree to terms for an independent Palestine that would lead to the demise of Israel.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:53 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
I think that Israel has taken the WB as a prize of war.
All West Bank lands or "Area C"? ("Area C" is under full control of Israel)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:52 am
In recent days, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon has criticized the U.S. secretary of state both on and off the record quite a few times.

Ya'alon said Kerry is "obsessive and messianic" according to a report today in the Israeli daily Yedioth Aharonoth. Ya'alon reportedly said he hopes "Kerry gets a Nobel Prize and leaves us alone."

I don't think that such helps a lot ...
oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 06:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I don't think that such helps a lot ...

What really didn't help was giving the Palestinians recognition in the UN. That torpedoed the Oslo Accords and doomed any possibility of a peaceful agreement ever being reached.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 07:04 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
What really didn't help was giving the Palestinians recognition in the UN.

In the UN, Palestine is a "non-member observer state", in addition to 193 member states.
But 134 of the 193 member states of the United Nations have recognised the State of Palestine.