Adventures in Wally World

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 12:10 pm
I am so glad this worked out and you found someone you both can have
confidence in. Yeah, neurologists are that way - precise and to the point.
Wally should improve now rapidly, good luck!
jespah

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 12:39 pm
@CalamityJane,
Oh thank God.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 01:07 pm
That is great news, Chai. The best is that Wally's actually listening and maybe stopping being in denial. That's a big move forward. And the doc sounds very sensible. Thank God (said the aetheist).
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 01:07 pm
That is great news, Chai. The best is that Wally's actually listening and maybe stopping being in denial. That's a big move forward. And the doc sounds very sensible. Thank God (said the aetheist).
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 02:24 pm
Woot!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 04:27 pm
thats fucktastic. Smile
Izzie

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 05:27 pm
@shewolfnm,
yuppers...

sooooooooooooooooo..... how's Mr Wally doing today then? Have you noticed a difference?

and you CHAIgal.... what about you?
chai2

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 07:16 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

yuppers...

sooooooooooooooooo..... how's Mr Wally doing today then? Have you noticed a difference?

and you CHAIgal.... what about you?

oh, I'm glad you posted. I haven't forgotten about you all, but have been very busy.

Also, I didn't want to say anything too soon.....but there is an ENORMOUS improvement, with the very first dose.

Since the 22nd, he has only acted off twice, and let me put it like this....

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 9 or 10 would be calling 911; 6 and 7 would be him not walking well, stumbling, not speaking well and unable to fully answer questions; and 5 would be him sitting spaced out and nodding off.....

on the 2 occassions I spoke of, he was a, one and a half.

wow

and one of those times, I think it had more to do with him being hungry.

I am so thrilled and joyful. Honestly? I forgot how funny and witty he can be.

So, without saying 100% for sure (he goes for the EEG on Thursday) it seems that this is some neurological thing, that can be treated.

One thing though, and I hope everyone hears this.

WHY, WHY, WHY did it literally take YEARS for someone to listen?

How many people out there won't question their doctors, and in this case say "hell no, I'm not just going to settle for another damn test, I want him to see someone who can DO something."

I wish everyone would realize doctors can be good, or they can be terrible. If they aren't listening to you, get another doctor. Or, if it's like this, where the other person doesn't want to change, at least don't be shy about expressing your feelings, and pointing out when good care isn't being delivered.

I'll let everyone know after the tests what happened, and then after we see Dr. N. on 12/12.
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 09:09 pm
that is wonderful news Smile
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 09:54 pm
Great news!
jespah

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:50 am
@Tai Chi,
W00p!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:50 am
@chai2,
Great news, chai.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 07:42 am
@chai2,
Oh wow, that's wonderful! Sure hope that turns out to be the solution and you guys can quit worrying about it.

I heartily second the "question authority" thing when it comes to doctors. I know I'm an annoying patient but I have had too many experiences where my stubbornness really paid off to change now....
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 05:39 pm
This Thursday we go back to see the neurologist.

I can't begin to tell you the change in Wally.

Right now, he's in the kitchen singing to himself while he's making a little something to eat.

I guess that says it all.
mismi

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 06:16 pm
@chai2,
This is a happy thing Chai! So glad for you and Wally!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 07:32 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Oh dear.

I hope he realizes that nothing will improve if he resists any attempt to improve them.

I want to thank you for this thread. It has helped me realize why Mr. B was so extrordinarily pissed off at me when I revealed that I was having "little episodes" of weirdness. I hadn't done anything about it because it was always over before anything could be done (I guess I'm kinda like Wally here). It took a long rant about how "selfish" and "stupid" I was being before I did anything.

I see the neurologist today.

Thank you.

Thanks mismi - We've been having great conversations all evening. It's like the man woke up from a coma.

boomer - what's going on with your deal?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 07:56 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Honestly? I forgot how funny and witty he can be.

I keep reading this bit. It's very moving. Lotta love there.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 12:23 pm
Well, hopefully this will be the last post I ever have to make on this subject.

We met at the neurologists office a while ago, and went in for his appointment.
Not only has the confusion, unsteadiness and falling stopped completely since starting this drug, but some unexpected benefits.

He's gained at least 10 pounds, and at the rate he's going we hope he can put on at least 15 more. he's sleeping better and he himself told the doctor his mood was much better. He's completely stopped taking soma, which in itself is a good thing.

It's like he's woken up from a coma or something.

If there's a lesson in this for anyone, it's to not just think that because one doctor, or two don't find anything wrong, that doesn't mean there isn't.

Don't let go of your right to be heard. It increases your chances of someone eventually listening.
Izzie

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 03:11 pm
@chai2,
Very Happy Mr T is lucky to have you gal! Great advocate and a whole lotta love between you.

Chuffed to bits for you. The future's looking a lot rosier for the "Tea" family.

Nothing like a cup of Rosie Razz
0 Replies