Does your body tell you what kind of fuel it needs?

Ragman

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 09:35 am
@coluber2001,
I’ve found over time when I eliminated white processed sugar and much processed (with preservatives and chemicals) food from my diet, my body more often not, would choose the “better” more nutritious fuel for my body.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 10:14 am
My body requests bourbon, 100 proof.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 10:32 am
When you're really thirsty, the body says water, and the mind says beer.
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 12:47 am
Sometimes I get a message to eat fruit or fish.

I'm yet to receive a message to eat anything that the spirulina spruiking spurious "Dr Mandrell" has ever shilled.

0 Replies

Lanruzesceaser

Tue 7 Jun, 2022 02:39 am
Technically, it may seem impossible but when we look at from a different point of view it sounds possible. As most times if your body is not in agreement with the food eaten, no matter how palatable, nutritious or perfect the food may be, it will become allergens which may result into serious health issues.. This is why the nature of the body system is put into consideration before administering anything whether food, drug or supplements.
I therefore strongly believe that your body can dictate the kind of fuel it needs at every time and season
Ragman

Tue 7 Jun, 2022 05:21 am
@Lanruzesceaser ,
Excellent Prof Irwin Corey! Amazing!
0 Replies

coluber2001

Tue 7 Jun, 2022 10:19 am
@Lanruzesceaser ,
It can be difficult to discriminate between what the body says you need and what the mind says you need, between instinct and habit. For instance, in meat-centric diets people get more protein than they need, so they may never experience protein craving. However, since I'm vegetarian there are times when I don't get enough protein, and my body tells me because I'm hungry all the time.

0 Replies

paulag2

Fri 10 Jun, 2022 06:52 am
Mine just says "FEEEEED ME" no matter how much I feed it. But my laziness usually wins out over any food cravings. I have so if I have to go out of my way I usually end up feeling like it’s too much work, such as a fast-food place, but the line is hella long, and it’s wayyyy on the other side of the highway, etc., I usually end up being too lazy to fight the lines and I’ll just skip it.

For me it’s saving myself from myself Smile

I always keep a water bottle basically with me all day, so just often I’ll drink it just because it’s there. Lemon water also helps with dehydration and it will quell hunger pains.

I keep a bunch of healthy-ish snacks at my work desk and in my purse. Luna bars, the baked crispy chick peas, trail mix (low or zero added sugar) are my staples.
So I try to never get to the point where I’m so so hungry that I’ll eat literally anything I see or whatever just happens to be on my way home. I try hard to eat only when I’m actually hungry, and not just bored, or thirsty, and then stop when I’m full. (This is hard to do if you’re not used to hunger cues.)
0 Replies

KateNickolson

Fri 17 Jun, 2022 07:43 am
@boomerang,
Vitamin deficiencies can sometimes be self-diagnosed.

Vitamin A (retinol) deficiency is accompanied by dry skin, brittle hair, transverse nail stripes, eye disease, night blindness (reduced vision in the dark), gastritis, diarrhea, and in children a slow physical and intellectual development.

About the lack of vitamin E (tocopherol) will show increased capillary permeability and fragility, when even minor injuries appear, and do not go long bruises, muscle weakness, pallor.

Lack of vitamin D (calciferol) may be accompanied by seizures, impaired psychomotor reactions, a tendency to fracture bones and their slow healing. Children may develop rickets, which disrupts bone formation and deforms the skeleton.

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) deficiency will manifest itself as general weakness, rapid fatigue, frequent colds, bleeding gums and long healing of wounds and cuts.

Vitamin B1 (thiamine) deficiency is indicated by irritability, impaired appetite and sleep, muscle weakness, mental changes.

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) deficiency is characterized by cracks on the lips and corners of the mouth, a feeling of "sand in the eyes", photophobia, impaired color perception. Vitamin deficiency can cause anemia.

Because of a lack of vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) appears dry and flaky skin, graying and loss of hair, a constant feeling of fatigue. There may also be gastrointestinal disorders.
0 Replies