he didnt use a condom

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 02:23 am
okay so i had sex with my boyfriend for the first time with out a condom and he pulled out and at first i wasnt worried about it cuz i was on birth control but then i went home to take my pill and i noticed i shoulda had my period like 3 days ago and still havent started so does that mean my bc is not going to b effective because it did start earlier like 7 days after i started takin them...and i know guys have pre cum but is it very likely youll get preg from it?? help!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 3,180 • Replies: 11
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 03:27 am
@mikesbabbygurl,
umm, theres 1 in 40 chance of becoming pregnant without a condom and internal ejaculation.

i think..

thats all i can do to help.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 06:37 am
@mikesbabbygurl,
Let me see if I've got this straight.

12/30, you're supposed to have your period.
1/2 or 1/3, you have sex with your boyfriend and he doesn't use a condom.
1/3, later, you realize you were supposed to have your period back on 12/31 or 1/1. And so you contact us.

What kind of birth control are you on? If it's daily pills and you are taking them every day, close to the same time every day, without fail, you're probably okay. If it's depo provera or another shot, unless you are near the end of the shot's useful life (e. g. if it's good for a year and it's been 11 1/2 months, I'd worry a bit), then you're probably fine. If it's a diaphragm and you used it during sex, every single time, without fail, you're probably okay. If you're using the rhythm method, withdrawal or the hoping and praying method, you might not be okay and might want to think about how it feels to be called Mom.

Be that as it may, if it worries you and you continue to not get your period, grab a home pregnancy test and use it. I don't think you can use them effectively unless you've missed your period for something like a week already, so you may need to wait a few days (check the packaging as I could be wrong regarding this particular detail). In the meantime, sit tight and try not to worry (although I realize that's a lot easier said than done) as the worrying and stress can make your period late.

And, in the meantime, consider (a) making your boyfriend use a condom each and every time, no matter what, without fail, and not even necessarily for birth control but for disease prevention, (b) using a better form of birth control if yours seems unreliable and (c) calendaring your cycle a lot better so that you're a lot surer of your dates. Oh, and talk to your boyfriend. Let him share some of these feelings. You shouldn't be sitting and waiting and worrying alone.
arricalee

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 08:53 am
I think you should check with the doctor. You can't risk having guesses and delaying so that you don't know the truth. Accept the fact that you might be pregnant, consult a doctor and if you are pregnant, be calm, ask your boyfriend would be he responsible with his action and just go with the flow. Hope that helps. =]
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 10:20 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Let me see if I've got this straight.

12/30, you're supposed to have your period.
1/2 or 1/3, you have sex with your boyfriend and he doesn't use a condom.
1/3, later, you realize you were supposed to have your period back on 12/31 or 1/1. And so you contact us.

Yeah, that's pretty confusing. Usually, a woman is only concerned if she misses her period after having unprotected sex. I've never heard of anyone being concerned about missing a period before having unprotected sex -- maybe I need to extend my circle of acquaintances.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 01:06 pm
@mikesbabbygurl,
mikesbabbygurl wrote:

okay so i had sex with my boyfriend for the first time with out a condom and he pulled out and at first i wasnt worried about it cuz i was on birth control but then i went home to take my pill and i noticed i shoulda had my period like 3 days ago and still havent started so does that mean my bc is not going to b effective because it did start earlier like 7 days after i started takin them...and i know guys have pre cum but is it very likely youll get preg from it?? help!!

You went home to take your pill? Do you think you need to take the pill only
when having had sex? Coitus interruptus, or pulling out as you said, is certainly not a safe method and you still can get pregnant. Furthermore, sperm can be fertile in your cervix for up to 5 days which means you still can get pregnant.

My advice would be: go to Planned Parenthood and have them take a
pregnancy test and also test you for STD's (unprotected sex) and on your
way out, they usually give a supply of condoms for free - take them!

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 01:48 pm
@mikesbabbygurl,
I warn you in advance I'm fond of offbeat humor...but...
Apparently, you're missing many periods. You may try to add them in sentences to be better understood.

Also, you should strongly consider learning more about sex, reproduction and prevention of pregancy, esepcially being that you're sexually active.
Learn how to use effective birth control methods CONSISTANTLY! EVERY time...convenient or not. Live sperm exist in pre-cum. Coitus interuptus (pulling out before climax) has NEVER been an effective means of birth control.

It sounds (from what you write) as though you're are not using ANY effective consistant emans of birth control. You MUST understand that all it takes is one wrong action, and a pregnancy can happen. Then life becomes A LOT more complicated.
Ragman

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 02:10 pm
@Ragman,
Perhaps you'd benefit from reading info at this link to Coitus Interruptus. There's valuable info there about the merits of different methods of birth control and their relative effectiveness:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coitus_interuptus

"Like many methods of birth control, reliable effectiveness is achieved only by correct and consistent use. Observed failure rates of withdrawal vary depending on the population being studied: studies have found actual failure rates of 15-28% per year."
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 02:36 pm
Also, it's still unclear from what you wrote whether or not you've been on birth control pills LONG ENOUGH to know whether or not they're effectively working (fertility-wise). It take your body a while to adjust to using them. My memory seems to recall about 8 weeks, but your doctor should be telling you about this. Or you can try Planned Parenthood.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 04:10 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I'm fond of offbeat humor

Better than to be fond of vice-versa
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 04:23 pm
It sounds to me as if she may not really understand her body to begin with. And that is ok. Im a woman.. my own inner workings confuse me.

When any woman starts a pill, a shot, or an implant for birth control, missing your period is COMMON.. even EXPECTED and sometimes something you are REQUIRED to have happen to your body ( depo shot anyone!)

Missing your period before you have sex does not mean you are pregnant.
Missing it AFTER having sex. Oh yeah. You better be scared Smile
But missing your period before you have sex has some limitations too.
You cant just miss your period for a day or so, after having sex BEFORE then..
Missing your period is only a sign of no pregnancy if you have not had sex since your last period.
I hope that makes sense. Because if you want to get REALLY technical, you can still get pregnant while you are having your period, and even be pregnant and have a period. This is extremely rare. and essentially you would have to conceive literally hours before your period starts for it to apply....

didnt I say womens stuff was confusing ? Laughing

One issue that has not been said here is that , if you are taking your B/C pill every day as you are supposed to no matter if you are having sex or not, is that if you take a pregnancy test the odds of getting a false positive is MUCH higher.

The Birth control pill does not work if you only take it before you are having sex. It only works if you take it every day because the medicine HAS TO stop your natural body rhythm , or you are just taking pills for nothing.

So, take your pill every day if you have not been.
If you have been, and you missed your period before you ever had sex, dont be too concerned. That would be like a form of time travel frankly. And missing your period does not mean you have ovulated.
But if you have had sex before with no condom and not taking your pills regularly you will need a pregnancy test and the doctor is the best bet. You would need a blood test this early on. Or you can wait and take a urine test in 45 days.

But if your boyfriend insists on having sex with out any protection, slap him a good one will ya? Smile Because that is a power play that you dont need.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 10:53 pm
Have you been on the pill for at least a whole pill pack before having sex without a condom?

If you have been on the pill for several months I would not be overly worried, there are many factors that can make you skip or be late for your period without being pregnant. If you haven't been taking the pill for at least a month then you might want to go get tested.

And yes, there is sometimes sperm in pre cum and it is possible, though rare, to become pregnant from it.
0 Replies