Lakota Mourning Customs

Osiceca

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 01:35 pm
Hey all,
I'm a young novelist doing some research into the Lakota culture and customs so that I can write a novel but I don't want to go out there unprepared and unresearched just to find that I've screwed up on my information, that would no be so good.
I've been looking and looking but I can't find anything on Lakota Mourning Customs, can anyone help?

Thanks
Osiceca
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,859 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Charli

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:34 pm
HERE ARE ABOUT 387 SITES . . .
Welcome to AK2, Osiceca. You're going to like it here!

I know you could have done this search yourself. (About 383 sites on Google.) On one Interaction here on A2K someone took very unkindly to the fact that I did this. But I look at searching as a challenge, "helping out," . . . AND I get to learn, too! So, here goes.

Lakota Mourning Customs

Good luck!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 10:42 pm
Welcome to a2k, Osiceca!

I think there may be a forum policy here regarding not putting your email address on a post. There is a way that people who send spam can find that on posts on internet forums by having an automatic spyrobot look through internet posts. So, you might want to edit that out with the Edit button at the upper right of the post.

When people want to contact you at a2k by other than a post, they send Private Messages (see up near the top of the page, there is a lightly printed line that says "you have no PMs" - if you ever want to send one, just click that.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 11:53 pm
It's a good idea to "munge" your email address if you're gonna post it to forums, boards, and groups. To munge is to add in something a human will be able to easily recognize and remove ... bots don't read, they just copy.

Its also a good idea to learn how to use multiple search engines, and how execute and refine Advanced Searches within them.
0 Replies