Who established Oxford University?

Fountofwisdom

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 11:04 pm
I think foreign words in the English language are commonly misused. I'll have to ask a native Latin speaker if you are correct.
Habeas Corpus and Guantanamo Bay? spot the contradiction.
To return to the point there used to be the Transatlantic Challenge where the top university in America would take on the winner of Britains University Challenge.
A college from either Oxford or Cambridge would trounce either Harvard or Yale by a humiliating margin in a one sided contest. To save themselves from greater punishment the Americans withdrew from the competition.
These Ancient academic institutions are very powerful.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 05:40 am
Translation: from the depth of your ignorance, you have nothing to contribute on the subject of the foundation and endowment of universities of the middle ages, are far too ignorant of the history of your own nation to discuss that intelligently, cannot support a claim that Henry I "founded" Oxford, cannot support a claim that Oxford served a "state function" in the 12th century at all, have seen fit to display your ignorance of American history as well, and continue to grasp at straw's in an attempt to insult the United States and Americans, to the extent that you are now fabricating lies.

You have nothing useful to say in this thread. There is no point in continuing to encourage you to babble pointlessly. Have a bad day, Sucker.
0 Replies