dating after a divorcee

u2fan

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 07:37 am
I'm 3 years divorced and have had some nice dates with some lovely women but none that would be long term relationships, recently i had a brief meeting with a woman that i keep thinking about.
she works in a similar job as me and i had seen her around but she can be very shy and would bearly say hello, at a bar recently i was going home and she grabbed me and took me to a house party, we had a good nite chatting and learning about eachother but nothing else.
i have texted her a few times since and she replies most of the time.
my question is where do i go next, i would normally just ask her out but for some reason i am a little scared of her saying no and she is something special and i don't want to be rejected as i will see her about all the time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 840 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 11:01 am
Hello u2fan and welcome to a2k Very Happy

It looks like you're both shy and each one is waiting for the other to make
the first move. Well, u2, she took already the initiative when you were leaving
the pub and she took you to a house party. She also answers your text messages
which is giving you plenty of hints that she is interested. Your next move
would be to call her (not texting) and ask her for a date. I am certain she
will accept - have fun u 2 !

0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 11:25 am
Yup, don't drag it out. Just be cool about it, don't make it a big production, instead of thinking of it as a "date." Call her up(stop f'n texting her so much), and just say, "hey, let's go do something this weekend." Doesn't sound like she's going to reject you, and even if she does, so what.

And get it out of your head how "special" she is. You just met her, she could turn out to be a headcase, don't convince yourself so soon she's something she might not be.
Mame

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 01:31 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Gad, have to agree with Slappy on everything he said. This morning someone told me I was over-thinking a situation and I'm passing that on to you. Don't agonize over it, just do it.
0 Replies