Teens No Longer Just Slightly Peeved At A Few Random Things

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:52 am
Teens No Longer Just Slightly Peeved At A Few Random Things
Mark Morford 9/24/03

A 17-year-old student who was "angry at everything" fired a handgun in a high school science classroom before aiming the weapon at a SWAT team officer, who then shot and critically wounded him. The boy took no hostages and no one else was injured. The student was shot shortly before 1 p.m. inside a third-floor classroom at Lewis and Clark High School in Spokane, WA, annually one of the top academic performers in the state. youths across the country seized the new slogan like manic women grabbed bad jeans at a Nordtrom Rack sale, collectively deciding that "Angry at everything" was pretty much the slogan for a generation.

"Finally, a catchphrase that speaks to everything I am," tittered Trisha Penters, 16, between gum-snaps and scribbling "Keanu 4ever" in red lipstick over and over again on her Trapper Keeper. Brian Kiplinger, 17, said the new slogan "like, totally encapsulates my entire soul at this angst-filled juncture of pimply miserable teendom, or whatever," and that he "fully intends to wallow in the goddamn cesspool that is my freakin' life," for at least five more years, until he can legally get wasted every night on cheap tequila.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2003/09/23/national0604EDT0473.DTL&nl=fix
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 465 • Replies: 1
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 07:51 am
I dont know, I think teenagers have always been pretty much angry with everything.
0 Replies