It's snowing like crap out here today!

Reyn

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 12:38 am
@Reyn,
Well, it's been quite the day. Sad

Let's see. Got another foot of snow. That makes about 2 feet since yesterday. I shovelled and shovelled most of the day.

Of course, the two daughters were unable to come. Big disappointment, but we're going to try for Christmas again tomorrow.

Did I mention that we were without power on 3 different occasions throughout the day yet? Evil or Very Mad

Oh yeah, and my back and muscles are sore.

Bloody hell! This will be a day we will soon not forget!

Hopefully, better on Boxing Day.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 10:41 am
It has started snowing here, again . . . i took the dogs out for a walk at about 10:30 (a little over an hour ago), but had to cut it short. There's black ice under the snow, and not just in the road, but on the sidewalks as well. Even the little dogs were slippin' and slidin' . . . well, i took a bad spill despite all of my caution, and banged up my right knee a good deal, and badly wrenched my back. That's the last walk the little dogs will get for a while.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:27 am
I sometimes cuss the warmth of a Houston December, but after reading this thread, I am grateful it will be 80 degrees this day.
NickFun

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 12:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's actually pretty cold here in So Ca as temps went below freezing last night.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 01:03 pm
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5606/snow2008sr8.jpg
Here is a picture from WA State.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 01:16 pm
day after christmas

Our windows are open, back door open, nice easy breeze.. and it is possibly close to 80 today.

No strong sun, overcast skies.. but warm wind.

Im with Edgar.. I kinda hate the warm weather here. I miss having 4 definite seasons .
Here it is hot for 7 months, warm for 3 months and cool + cold rain for 2 months. Thats all. And humid for 80% of that time.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 03:19 pm
@Setanta,
set :

sorry to hear about your fall .
i strongly suggeat you get a pair of "ice traxx" . just slip them over your shoes and nothing will stop you .
at $14 a pair that hurts a lot less that a busted knee and back !
hope you'll get better before spring arrives .
hbg
ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 03:26 pm
@hamburger,
I came home from a slippery slide-y drive around town to find two dog nurses keeping Set company. Now that I'm home it seems like they could all relax enough to go to sleep.

I was surprised how much additional snow fell today. The snow brush got quite a work out.
hamburger

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 03:30 pm
@ehBeth,
GET SNOW TRAX !!!

eastern lake ontario
just had a light dusting of snow .
it's grey and dreary out there - having lots of hot and hearty soup for lunch was a great idea .
hbg
ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 03:35 pm
@hamburger,
My car stuck down nice and firm, but I could see lots of cars sliding as they came around corners. Keeping my distance from everyone.
Dutchy

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 04:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Boxing day, 95 degrees here, sat outside, had BBQ and skulled plenty of stubbies. Smile
hamburger

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 04:19 pm
@Dutchy,
i hope dutchy's car won't get stuck on the sandy beach .

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Travel/Pix/pictures/2007/12/21/Santabeach4.jpg
Dutchy

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 04:26 pm
@hamburger,
Laughing Laughing
Have no fear hmb, been there, done that but never again!!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 05:14 pm
Hello everybody, and thanks for your replies!

Much better day today, even though we are getting some light snow. There is a promise of rain later on in the evening, and the temps are supposed to be above zero (Celsius) for the next few days.

We managed to have both daughters here today, so we're having a belated Christmas. Took lots of pictures, as this is the first time that we've all been together, at this time, for 6 years. I took one of all of us with the camera set on timed release and worked out not too bad.

So, all in all, things are much better. No power outages as of this post! Yippee! Let's hope we get through supper and no hassles. Fingers crossed.

By the way, TTH, I'm just across the border in British Columbia. So, I imagine your weather isn't too different than ours, at the moment.
TTH

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 05:22 pm
@Reyn,
We did get hit hard with the snow. It seems different areas got different amounts.

Did you see this in Seattle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hblLvfCE72k&feature=related
This is when they had ice prior to more snow.
Reyn

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 10:00 pm
@TTH,
TTH wrote:
Did you see this in Seattle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hblLvfCE72k&feature=related
This is when they had ice prior to more snow.

No, haven't been watching much news lately. It's been too depressing with the weather stories and such. I hate snow. Sad
hamburger

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 11:53 am
@Reyn,
here in eastern ontario it's raining "cats and dogs" - and NO sunshine .
we'd rather have a "moderate" freeze and sunshine .
(moderate = about minus 10 C )
hbg
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 04:48 pm
@hamburger,
Picked up some of those traction aids for Set this afternoon. A good excuse to shop Very Happy
hamburger

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 04:57 pm
@ehBeth,
that'll extinguish any excuse of "it's slippery out there" .
perhaps b + c will need some too now - it would sure give them good traction on ice and snow ..
hbg

0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 10:30 am
Typical WA weather, snow is all gone. Now it's raining.