AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! I'm beginning to feel I don't know myself!!

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:09 am
I've been using match.com to put a little romance in my life. When I think a man has a great deal in common with me, he writes back to say we have nothing in common, while some of the men who have written to me make me wonder if they hit the wrong button.

What's up???!!! Is it me? Have I lost my perspective? My ability to read? to reason?

What have your experiences been with services like match.com?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 765 • Replies: 3
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:11 am
Your ability to read a person can't apply to meeting them online in the same was as it does when meeting someone in person.

As to the rest.... I dunno. But, with my experience, there doesn't seem to be a lot of good match making on those sites.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:23 am
I dunno....being married, I'm not doing any internet dating Smile ....I think the vast all-encompassing scope of the 'net does make internet dating problematic. It's like when you do a Google search for something, and come up with thousands of results, most of which are completely irrelevant to what you were originally looking for. All I can say is that you have to continue to go with your instinct, and when it doesn't work out, pffft. Fart methane on them, they ain't worth it. The filtering out of the creeps and maniacs and baggage-laden is the hard part, but there are still genuine people out there. Wink Bottom line: it is never 'you', it is 'you' vs. someone incompatible.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:32 am
Wonderful advice, cavfancier! Fart at em if they can't take joke!
0 Replies